1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. roadstone

roadstone Member

I got tickets to section 111 for $119 a piece. Why did yours cost more?

2. pd_

pd_ Member

dafuqqqqqqq....i didn't the the insider presale email =(

3. SeeingRocketRed

Yeah, prices seem a lot higher this year than normal for playoffs. I was looking at $139 for lower bowl behind the basket, and about the same for corners in row 20. I think I paid about 80 for those types of seats in previous round 1s. Demand>supply, I guess.

4. rawool

rawool Member

I'm an Insider as well; didn't get an e-mail. :/

5. SeeingRocketRed

I guess I should have specified, I'm a season ticket holder. Season ticket holders get first crack at tickets.

6. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

yes, STH get their season tickets for playoffs (rounds 1 & 2) at same price as regular season if renewed. Buying additional tickets costs about 3 times the regular season price. This is really an incentive to purchase whole season tickets. Price is result of demand...

7. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Jonathan 7137587415 sold me my season tickets

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

ridiculous

Ive been a season ticket holder for 10 years now and each year the rockets keep taking perks away and adding fees.
    I got my playoff tickets at the same price as lower level regular season that I paid. However, I bought additional tickets on the pre sale for season ticket holders and they tripled the cost for the same row and section. On top of that, they make you pay convenience fees!! :mad: They always waived those in the past saying that it was a perk of being a season ticket holder. They just say whatever they want each year so you RENEW or buy season tickets and then they change it the following year
    To be honest, I'm getting tired of their games and will consider not renewing after next year. The rockets are in the business of ticket scalping and doing it to their own season ticket holders which is pathetic in my opinion. When I talked to upper management about it, they say its to prevent ticket scalpers from buying and selling them. That is total BS because now the rockets have taken the title as ticket scalpers themselves!! They like to use the term "premium game pricing". Lets call a spade a spade, its ticket scalping!! Don't insult our intelligence.:mad::mad:

They are doing all this banking on the hope that rockets go DEEP into the playoffs.
    3 years ago, rockets tickets reps were begging for our business and doing everything to get you to renew. Now they don't really care. Supply and demand I guess but what happened to taking care of the loyal season ticket holders and not changing policy every year to make an extra buck!! Sorry, I'm don't venting. Still excited for playoffs just sick of the business part of ticket sales

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Chat with unhelpful Ragnar:

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

The email will come, I was freaking out yesterday because my email for the season ticket holder pre-sale hadn't come in yet. But it came in right at 10 am.

11. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Can anyone give an educated guess on what day of the week game 1 and game 2 will be played?

12. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Just got the email and geez those prices…SMH

13. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea I debated getting a couple extra but the prices are high (plus they add a convenience fee in there too)

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Got it and bought tickets for both games. Good seats and the price wasn't that bad. Section 428 row 2 for $99 and section 427 row 5 for $79.

15. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Damn. Just dropped $400 on 6 tickets

16. pd_

pd_ Member

got the presale email at 10

17. Play07

Play07 Member

true things have changed. last year we got our playoffs seats for the our reg. season price and we could buy 4 extras for the same price as long as we paid for the whole playoffs (they refunded all the 2nd round, 3rd round, finals money to us) when the rockets got kicked out of playoffs.

this year we can only buy 4 extras but its double the price of our season tickets and can only be brought online through flash. (no more playoff packages)

last year we also recieved a free harden jersey for renweing by paying in full or on payment plans. this year they offered nothing and I paid in full.

its supply and demand, the rockets are winning more now and we have 2 stars. so they feel like they dont have to do much to get people to buy. Just wish they couldve been more loyal and not got cocky with returning season ticket holders. The team is still under cap also so I dont see what the big deal is.

18. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Hell yiss, just purchased tix.

Section 126!

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

my guess. if we play game 1 the 19th, we'll play game 2 on monday the 21st or sometimes they give two days off. so the 22nd.

Or game 1 on the 20th. game 2 on the 22nd or 23rd.

20. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

same here...its ridiculous that they charge their season ticket holders a convenience fee...not the case before but they want to make every penny then can :mad: