1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On Fandom and the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to quiz you.

Name me all the big trades and acquisitions that Morey did as a Rocket.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

I remember this one time jtr to me to go learn something. oh, he got me!

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are you crazy?

Absolutely not.

By the way, Morey said he reads the forums. But JTR says only Morey should post.

So Morey should only read himself?

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I find it interesting that people attack my reasoning by belittling Morey and McHale. I never would have guessed that would happen. We fans are looking at perhaps the start of a NBA dynasty. In my mind that is a very good thing. Morey has pulled off miracles. McHale seems to be the perfect blend of a hard ass and a players best friend. And man those young players do see the court quickly under McHale don't they? That just did not happen under JVG and Adelmans watch.

R&R. When I wrote the initial post few here even knew what R&R was. Now it seems to be universally accepted on CF that the Rockets run R&R. And people have a pretty good idea what it means. Torbett did not invent the R&R. He just attempted to unify the Triangle, the Princeton offense, Adelman's version etc.into one overall system. To this day Torbett's summation is the best I know of.

I started this thread as much for me as everyone else. I never used the word you. I used we. Because I was attempting to remind myself, and everyone on CF that we, as fans, never dictate anything to the Rockets. We are consumers, and we should be feeling pretty great about the team right about now.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

all the OP has done lately was whine

jesus dude first you want us to split the forum because you didn't get enough responses on your post, now you don't want fans to state their opinions on a message board.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale has nothing to do with young players seeing the court. He only started playing the young ones when there were a lack of better options be it trade or injury. Morey pretty much forced his hand at times.

It took a Morris and PPat trade to see TJones. It took an Asik injury (or hissy fit) to see DMo. It took a Bev injury to see Canaan.

Anyway, no stats, no analysis, no charts = fail thread.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

is wanting Asik to play more than 10 minutes and run some TT belittling morey and mchale in your mind? be honest

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Please explain how that is a good thing in your mind.

Trying to understand your mind.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You sucker, you underestimate the power of Clutchfans .

The Rockets would have moved to Louisville if Jeff and Clutch didn't rally the fans support.

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=49

BOW DOWN

1 person likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Seems to me OP is still riding his high horse.

He doesn't understand that this is fan site and fans are free to voice their opinions, be it right or wrong. If you don't like the opinion, move on. Don't try and force fans to post what you like or read your threads.

If what McHale and Morey say and do is always right and they can never be questioned, might as well shut down the GARM.

OP brings up Pop and the Spurs as a dynasty but little does he know that the Spurs fan site is far worse with posters calling Pop out several times.

Pop apologists are referred to as "Popsuckers" LOL.

It is the modern day fan message boards and in fact it has been this way for years.

11. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Fail thread.

JTR is one of the most arrogant and condescending posters on CF. This thread confirms it.

Go apply to be part of Houston Rocket's team or bid on a 1-on-1 dinner with Morey, clearly your agenda is to only talk to DM.

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

damn you slammed the OP, you went Ultimate Warrior on his ass!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dU3hGpNcBo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. tinman

Supporting Member

this sucker is jealous of others members that's all.

we've got member like the YoYo who chills with Morey in Vegas, and Clutch who is basically a Rocket, and insiders like Doc Rocket and the list goes on and on

This thread is pure jealousy

Swiss Roll likes this.
  14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Kentucky? Kentucky? Where men are men and sheep are scared? My girlfriend is from Kentucky. You could plop down Louisville into Houston and never know the difference. It is that small. 741,000 residents in the METRO area. It would be perhaps the smallest market in the NBA. Not going, never going to happen. Heck I live in the 64th largest city in the US. It has well over one million residents in the metro area. And it could not support a NBA team. It did, after all have one.

#34 jtr, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not to mention DD, who actually is Morey himself.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Obviously you don't even care about the Rockets because your whiny ass didn't know that the threat of the Rockets leaving Houston WAS REAL.

Stop talking out of your ass and do your research or don't call yourself a Rockets fan

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

um, yeah

It wasnt a maybe, they WERE going to Louisville if the fans hadnt spoken thru SOR.

You create a thread to basically tell everyone that they arent as smart as the professionals and therefore should never criticize?

Doesnt need its own thread in the GARM, go start it in the Hangout or Feedback or something....and since tinman has already derailed this one and doesnt know the meaning of the word stop, so Im just gonna go ahead and end this one now.

You want a better GARM....this is not the way.....just like your posts in Feedback arent the way either.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.