1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

there gonna be sleeved. should start doing design concepts with that in mind. parsons and howard like the sleeves and both want new uni's.

2. xAliceInChains

Nah, this sleeve thing is going to go away real quick. They have already been heavily criticized by players and fans around the league.

3. SevenMinuteAbs

Thank you!

Yeah i got the rocket from another concept i did and added it at the very end.

4. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

5. bmd

bmd Member

Warm up jacket

[​IMG]

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

I haven't yet seen a touch-up on our current 'R' logo. The idea of the logo is unique but it should be remodeled because it's rather bland as is. Great potential...

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if we're going sleeves, I like these, maybe with a little mustard piping.

[​IMG]

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

beautiful, love the font. bmd nooo!

9. Sen89

Sen89 Member

The "Rockets" on that one above is way to small/unassertive. Double the size and then we're getting somewhere.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

we always need the black alternate ideas :grin:

[​IMG]

And if we had a simple secondary logo, we could also do something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

#710 RV6, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  11. SevenMinuteAbs

Thanks! I've been looking for a good font for a long time and i think i finally came across one that's suitable.

Yup. I was thinking the same thing. Gonna try to fix it soon.

12. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

That is one of the sexist things I've seen in a while.

13. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

I don't think it matters what other organizations and players think. 2 of the most important players on the squad like them.

14. SevenMinuteAbs

Slight update:
    [​IMG]

15. Ismail

Ismail Member

These are sick. Can you make one with crew/rounded neck?

16. bmd

bmd Member

17. rockstarbanana

Never mind last post, I guess chron took the blog down. This is what it said:

Per Houston Chronicle:
    The Rockets brought their ketchup and mustard uniforms on Wednesday in Orlando and by next season, will show off a lot more of the old colors.

The Rockets’ alternate uniforms next season will feature the same red and yellow colors, but with short sleeved tops that the team will likely want to show off more than the five times they have worn the alternate uniforms this season. The Rockets, who will wear the alternates several more times this season, are 1-4 in their red and yellow uniforms this season.

The new alternate uniforms will not be the only change next season, though the other adjustment will be considerably more subtle than wearing sleeves. The cut of the home and road uniforms next season will be more like the current alternate uniforms, allowing for larger openings in the arms. Rockets players have preferred the feel of the alternate uniforms, leading to the change.

“We like them because the arms are more skinny in the tank top instead of the big, bulky arm things,” said forward Chandler Parsons, who as team captain was consulted on the uniform changes. “It makes a tighter fit and makes you feel more free. And I liked the way the sleeves felt. I like tight clothes. So does Dwight (Howard.) I wore a t-shirt under my jersey in college. I like that feeling of having a tight shirt on. It doesn’t restrict your arms.”

18. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I could totally see them comitting to the alternate away jerseys as the full time away jerseys and making a new home jersey.. I'd be down for that..

19. rockstarbanana

Looks like the league is slowly moving towards short sleeved jerseys. I personally don't care for them, but I guess if Dwight and Chandler do...