1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Dwight finally show up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gil, Dec 2, 2013.

1. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Never liked the Dwight signing to begin with,would rather have Marc Gasol,he can actually score in the post,you can run sets with him and he is an equal defender to Dwight even though Howard is more athletic and can give you more rebounds.

2. allaroundplayer

Yeah, there are so many people who seemingly have nothing to say, so they just post one sentence criticizing what other people have posted.

Either that, or people who think just because they put "l.o.l." or "troll" in their post, that somehow automatically discredits what somebody else has posted.

The only thing that I conclude when these things happen to me is that they must know that what I posted was right.

3. HangTime

HangTime Member

DH may not score but he does draw a double team and makes the job so much easier for the shooters. There's a reason all our scrubs are having break out years scoring the ball. They're left open because of the double teams on DH.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

When we post Dwight up, the whole offense becomes stagnante because he takes far to long to make a decision and read and react to the defense and that's why most of the time the plays result on a turnover or he steps out of bounds. The only times Dwight looks good is off the pick and roll when he dives to the basket and Harden hits for the lob or when he makes a fast reactive move of the post ups.

He isn't skilled enough to be posting him up and making guys like Harden and Parsons reactive players.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Howard does not always draw a double team... Andrea was checking him one on one in NYC... And if he's 5 feet away from the basket he doesn't have to be guarded at all... The scoring isn't that much different from last year when we just had Asik because Harden is the guy that draws most of the defensive attention.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dwight is far from overrated. Changes so many shots.

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Rox need to run more pick and roll with Dwight instead of posting up dwight. Dwight just do not have it in his legs. Moves he used to end with a power dunk now becomes jump hooks. He will get better, but at the moment, running pick and roll with Dwight seems to be the most effective play.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Play07

Play07 Member

howard and his $22,000,000 is not that bad now, because we have alot of min contrcats going on, but in a 2 years if we havent won it all, when we want to upgrade other spots and its time to pay parsons, and dwight has 1 more year left and the next year he can opt out his contract and just leave. You will see what some posters concerns were.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed. They should have signed Marc Gasol this offseason if they HAD to sign a center.

I was on the sign Durant bandwagon though. I would have much rather given him Dwight's money this offseason. Can you imagine how good we'd be with Durant?

Not sure why Darrell Murray didn't sign one of those two guys instead of Dwight.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dwight will step it up if he wants a championship bad enough. He's coasting through the season while getting familiar with teammates. I won't bash Dwight until he gives me a true reason to do so. Too early in season.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

So far, he hasn't lived up to expectations. He seems to lack the intensity to really impact most games. It is a long season. I used to get real frustrated with Yao because of his passiveness. He got better. But Howard has been in the League for ten years.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope you're kidding.

We should sign CP3, Kobe (who doesn't have mood swings like Harden), Durant, LeBron, and keep Dwight. Harden could be a sixth man. Les said he has enough money but not enough titles. Time for him to step up to the plate. Sign them before tip off tonight!

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Gasol is hurt. He's hype anyway. If he was that deep he would have took Memphis to the finals. I still don't think they would have beat okc if they had Westbrook. The only team they had on lock was the clippers. They got swept by the spurs. Gasol isn't all around better than Dwight. Zach Randolph is who makes that team really go and they miss Rudy Gay.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

thats why when people want to win now be one of best in west it makes sense, this should be our expectations these next 2 years, that we have a good center, harden, 6th man, parsons & casspi on cheap contracts.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lmao...

18. CP30

CP30 Member

Going from Howard to Asik would be a fairly significant decline, and we'd have to stop starting T-Jones in favor for whoever it is we traded for. Doesn't really sound like it'd make us a much better team, if at all IMO.

19. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

And then end up like Brooklyn Net?

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Are you being serious??? Every time he puts the ball on the floor they send the double team. The few games he hasn't been doubled he's had nice offensive production. Dwight's never been an offensive center he's not Yao Hakeem or shaq but he is really good on offense for a center in the modern era of basketball, With the way the games played today. The way he scores may not be the way even I like but non the less the results are the same, you can't get mad at 16-20 points on 60% shooting every night.