1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @ Texans 11/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 14, 2013.

1. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Interesting if true, but who would we even hire to replace them at this point in the season? I understand firing just Kubiak, but the whole staff? Might as well wait till the offseason.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

The D-Line is the least of our worries. We need to shore up the O-Line and the secondary.

Unless Clowney is the best player available?

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I was told "Kubes" was told that he would be fired if Oakland beat the Texans. Could explain why Schaub was thrown in the game. Also for those wondering, starting Case against Indy was a Front Office decision, not a Kubes.

4. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Schaub was trying his hardest to throw a touchdown to Andre in the redzone. This was the first time I saw him just solely target Andre Johnson in the redzone.

That my friends is called the Case Keenum effect!

Schaub trying to prove to his boy AJ that he can get him a TD in the redzone! Epic Fail!

5. tmacfor35

Teams have all day to throw against this secondary, which in my opinion will be fine next year with Keo and Swearinger improving.

Reed and Mercilus have been absolute GARBAGE. No pressure from the outside, allowing Watt and Smith to attract all the attention.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Because the game was still winnable and benching Keenum sabotages his confidence. And going back to Schaub is never the answer. Never.

Never.

7. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i dont see what schaub did any different today than what case has been doing in the 2nd half. setting the team up for field goals, only bullock converted schaubs today..

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Andre Johnson on last play: I messed up.</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/402203904768610304">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Asked about booing/silent count, Ben Tate said it's disappointing how &quot;wishy-washy&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> fans are. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NFL&amp;src=hash">#NFL</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/402200411659964416">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Worst NFL records:
    Jags 1-9
    <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> 2-8
    Falcons 2-8
    Bucs 2-8</p>&mdash; Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews/statuses/402202992083861504">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this is the only thing that makes sense... he clearly put schaub in bc he was absolutely desperate for the win and he obviously trusts schaub more than keenum even though everyone knows schaub has no future here.

10. Raven

Raven Member

And of all the dumb #### that Kubiak is responsible for, replacing Keenum with Schaub ranks number one.

Clean. House.

11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

improve the front 7 and the secondary will follow, even mccain will look servicable.. i wouldnt draft dbs early, they take too long to develop..

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

see tmacfor35's post above... kubiak was caoching for his job today. that makes complete sense to me.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

True. I'm sure Kubiak is worried more about his job than the future of the franchise. The fans would rather lose with Case than win with Schaub. But being on the hot seat, Kubes is thinking the exact opposite.

I know that McNair likes to wait until the offseason before evaluating things and making changes (like coaches), and normally I wouldn't have a real problem with that. But here's a situation where Kubiak could potentially negatively affect our future by trying to save his job. And doing that provides a legitimate reason for him being fired immediately.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Is he wrong? Your post pretty much completely proves his point. Dude plays his heart out and plays with broken ribs and now you want him gone?

1 person likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It was a good throw. Good defense.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The meltdown continues....one of the strangest seasons in Houston sports history.

And F Schaub.

18. tmacfor35

We will see if it proves to be true but he has been very spot on thus far.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, Red Zone typically = Foster or Owen Daniels for the Texans. Both out so we were forced to go with our 3rd option. :p

20. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

Andre obviously doesn't want to be here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Andre Johnson asked if he still wants to be here. &quot;I'm under contract.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) <a href="https://twitter.com/DZangaro/statuses/402205543273463809">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>