1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Houston Rockets 2013-14 Player Profiles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pkothari1013, Sep 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Per 48
    Lin - 9.0
    Bev - 7.9

AST%
    Lin - 28.4
    Bev - 31.8

If he has very few assists than so does Lin.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Per 48
    PPG:
    Damian Lillard- 23.6
    Jrue Holliday- 22.4
    Lin- 20.1

APG:
    Damian Lillard- 8.1
    Jrue Holliday- 10.24
    Lin- 9.1

See how dumb per 48 is? And its even worse in your argument considering Bev doesn't even play against starters

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOF against Patrick Beverly! Our only proven playoff PG with cajones!!! :rolleyes:

4. jocar

jocar Member

Most people would laugh, really? I've heard at least 4 announcers and analysts (not even mentioning the times I've read that suggestion in online articles) on NBAtv and ESPN that have suggested that. And it's not funny at all when that $8.3M in cap room could be used to acquire a tier 1 PF that could put us over the top. The salary impact is the bigger concern when both players are practically interchangeable without a significant dropoff. You don't have to even dive into Bev vs. Lin stat pissing match to see that.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry, I meant to say "most intelligent people would laugh", there's always talking heads out there that roll with asinine BS like that, they are best ignored.

I know this site has a long history of tension between Lin fans and Lin "haters" but at some point the realists should win the day and stop the madness. Lin's not going to win any MVP awards but he's certainly better than Patrick Beverley at nearly everything related to basketball. Lin is an average quality NBA PG, Beverley is a solid bench guy so long as all you need from him is energy and effort D.

6. conquistador#11

online articles by guys who have clear agendas count?
    And announcers, really? How about the jazz broadcast who drooled at lins play or ian eagle who showed more excitement for lin plays than deron williams. So many announcers marveled at our back court combo, if we're going by what announcers think.

But I care more for what Maury and Rosas evaluation of lin was.

And If it's not funny to pay "$8.3" for what is average salary for a non rookie with those stats, then you should flood our gm's and owner's email with "u're stooopid" headlines. To get your man, sometimes you have to go above and beyond. THEY wanted lin. THEY got lin.

Solid pg play + chicken buckets with lin in a rockets uniform is good for business abroad.

7. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Looking at their projected stats is a joke imo. They project Harden, Parsons, and Lin's numbers in rebounds, points, and assists to drop from last years marks. Did anyone else notice this?

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This board would be much more enjoyable if people could accept that: (1) others might not always agree with you, and (2) the fact that someone disagrees with you does not automatically render them wrong or unintelligent.

Sometimes two people have two different -- but equally valid -- opinions. Shocker, I know.

9. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Your one of the few veterans on this board without the elitist attitude because their join date is earlier than most. Add to the fact that your common sense and honest views on Lins shortcomings and potential without any actual bias. Wish the rest of the board was like you, instead of baiting and nit-picking like other veterans. Would rep if I could.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Per 48 really isn't that dumb. I know you can't just multiply stats based on minutes and come up with exactly what he would produce, but the dudes post was way off. For the amount of minutes Bev got his assist numbers were fine and not very low like he claimed.

And if you are going to say Bev doesn't even play against starters, which isn't remotely true since most starters play around 3/4 of the game, you could say he doesn't play WITH starters either. Pretty weak argument in my opinion, there's just no way that every minute he is on the floor the other team only has backups in and on the same note there is no way that every minute Lin is on the floor only the oppositions starters are in.

11. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Hey JR or anyone with insiders, would you please post the GS Warriors player profiles? would really appreciate it :)

Espn article says Lin is below average defender, I think Lin is actually a pretty good on the ball defender especially being 6ft3 point guard. But when his man doesn't have the ball, his free lancing defense gets him in trouble sometimes.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

To be perfectly factual, THEY wanted Goran Dragic. THEY didn't get Goran Dragic because of that Player Option. THEY wanted Lin at 3yr/$20mil. THEY upped the anti only with Les' voice in the situation.

In other words, Morey and Rosas thought (A) Dragic was better than Lin and (B) Lin was worth $6.7mil/yr. The obviously liked Lin, but let's not act like he was their big fish of the offseason. Before Harden fell into their laps, Asik was actually their catch of the summer.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

[ESPN] Houston Rockets: 2013-14 Forecast

5-on-5: Houston Rockets Outlook