1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'It is only you versus many and you are going to lose'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 22, 2013.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I believe semantics are important in this situation. If we automatically declare any villainous act(rape, murder etc) committed by a Muslim a "terrorist act" then all that does is perpetuate the stereotype of Muslim = terrorist. Now I'm not accusing you specifically of doing this. I might have assumed incorrectly about your definition of terrorism but there are plenty out there that think "terrorist" when a Muslim man commits a crime. Semantics are important here.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

not terrorism but it is extremely appalling and chilling. Was the guy dead before they beheaded him? I hope he died when he got hit by the car :(

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It was clearly terrorism, and the people who try to portray it as something else just because these men, like many others, killed in the name of Islam - as of their own perception - are making themselves look like idiots.

5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

The only idiot here is you.

If those men were committing terrorism, they would have killed many more people, including those that were protecting the guy's body. Terrorism/terrorist do not differentiate between combatant and civilian. The fact that you fail to see this shows your intellectual inadequacy. They even gave statements on their motives:

"The only reason we have killed this man today is because Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers, and this British soldier is one, is a eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

When you drop a bomb, do you think it hits one person or rather your bomb wipes out a whole family. This is the reality. By Allah, if I saw your mother today with a buggy I would help her up the stairs. This is my nature."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-compared-Jack-Ripper-dubbed-terrorists.html

‘Just because someone says they have done it in the name of Islam does not make them terrorists,’ he said.

‘I do not think this should be described as terror.
    ‘Just because you stand up and say “God is Great” to everybody, it does not mean it’s Islamic terror.’

Mr Shelbrooke, Parliamentary Private Secretary to Northern Ireland Minister Mike Penning, compared the killers to the Yorkshire Ripper.

He said: ‘What’s the difference between Peter Sutcliffe saying he killed prostitutes because God told him to, and these people who are saying they are doing it in the name of Allah? It’s murder.’

1 person likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, the religion of peace is Christianity. :rolleyes:

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not one thing Hydhypedplay said is defending the actions of these insane brutal murderers.

Why would you try and slander someone's character like that?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Your reading comprehension and your ability to read between the lines is lacking.

Actually, you are only blind on one eye.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I read what he wrote. You're the one that made up stuff about him defending the actions of these two killers. Nowhere did he say it was alright or that they should have been allowed to do what they did.

If anyone is lacking in reading comprehension it isn't me. Though I would hope that's what it is for you rather than you intentionally slandering someone claiming they are defending the murderous actions of those two.

1 person likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It is you.

Why would anyone be hell-bent on saying that this is not a terror attack because it affected "combatants".

Then he quoted their statement saying that the only reason they did what they did is "because Muslims are getting killed".

His post implies two things:

1) They were only defending themselves and their own (Muslims). The person killed by them was a military representative of the aggressors.

2) Because the person that was killed is a combatant, it is not terror, but a justified (because Muslims are getting killed) military action.

You are a dumbass if you don't understand that that is what he said.

The pattern of the Islamists' posts, and that includes Mathloom, is clear.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So stating motive of a murderer = sympathizing with murderer? And I explained why semantics are important here on post 41.

1 person likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So yes you're making things up instead of just going by what he's actually saying. thanks for clarifying that. I was afraid that was the case.

1. He talked about what the killers themselves said. Sorry you think somehow that isn't allowed to be brought up.

2. Just so you know, calling it cold blooded brutal murder instead of terrorism isn't defending the action. Calling something murder is not a defense of the action. Please try and understand that before posting slander again.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

This world is full of unhappy drifters waiting out their lives until their sentence is over. They act out because they are sad and they don't fit in. Some commit heinous acts while others let the anger corrupt their mind. The truth is we define our success by our failures and who we are by what we're not. With this closed mindset we will be destined for a life of pain and sadness.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He didn't even call it murder. You are the one making stuff up.

16. ILoveTheRockets

Point Blank Period. It was terrorism

It was an act to terrorize the citizens of the local community. It doesn't matter if it's a Muslim,Cajun, Frenchie, German

If 2 guys cut off a persons head in public in order to make a political statement...it's terrorism. You guys can twist,turn, bend anything you like, but in the end it was an act of terror... which is terrorism.

1 person likes this.
  17. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I didn't even need to prove that you were the only idiot here. You have done that yourself.

I posted their statement regarding the motives behind their actions. YOU INFERRED that I agreed with said motive. Then you went and made yourself look as dumb as basso with your asinine post saying I was defending these guys. When two people displayed the lack of any sense in your posts, you tried pushing it further instead of apologizing for your slander.

The only thing I implied was that their ruthless act of murder was not terrorism, as shown by the statements they made after it.

The worst part is you accused others of reading comprehension issues. It's like your oblivious to how stupid your posts really are.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you made their statements your own with regard to whether this was terrorism or not. Strangely, you guys say they are not Muslim, even if they say they are and that Islam was their motive. Then, you don't make their statements your own.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think he killed in the name of Islam, he killed in the name of foreign policy...he clearly stated that at the end. Had it been an Islamic loonie I doubt all those bystanders would have been spared. Say Allah Akbar is akin to saying Amen or a common phrase, it doesn't automatically pinpoint his motives. The conflict in Mali seems like the more logical explanation wouldn't you agree?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

And of course, this was terrorism.