View Single Post
across110thstreet is offline Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #10
across110thstreet
Contributing Member
across110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereacross110thstreet is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2331
this call made my night tonight.

away from a tv and blacked out from League Pass Broadband because I live in LA, I went from the local radio feed in my car during the 3rd and 4th quarter when I realized I could get the Houston audio on my NBA Game Time app.

Ackerman made that call at the buzzer and it just made the night so much sweeter. in fact, it made me think how that phrase might be the second most famous radio catchphrase in Rockets history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Well, now I need to know what he said about Wafer. I love Ackerman, he should replace Bill after he retires.
I would think Ackerman will stick to calling games on radio. he's such a great replacement for Gene as mentioned before.

great thread and thanks Clutch for uploading that. more people need to know how awesome listening on the radio still is for fans these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
Where did the "big boy pants" thing come from?
Kobe on his teammates.