1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

No he shot well last year.. Even after melo came back. So I don't think he is this bad shooting. Now he is not gonna be Novak but I don't think he is going to stay this bad either. He is just missing a lot of open looks- he starts housing those then we are looking at 15 points per game with 7-10 assists, 2 steals, 34 rebounds a game. That is a pretty good stat for a point guard don't you think?

But don't think that I'm just a blind Lin loyalist. If he is really this bad with shooting and does not come back to what I think is his norm, then. I would have no problem in joining you in declaring that he really isn't a starter material. But I think we need to give it some time before declaring him as a flop.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Shooting is not everything, but it would definitely help his case.

3. Allegro

Allegro Member

Why? If we hadn't got Harden, we would be playing Martin/Lamb at SG and racking up about as many wins. Maybe more, as our offense would be running through Lin and would therefore be far more efficient.

Lin's per-36-minute passing numbers are eerily similar to Jason Kidd's second year, <b>if we adjust for usage rate</b>.

Player: Lin Kidd
    Year: 2012-13, 1995-96
    Usage: 18.1 24.3
    Points (scaled to Kidd's usage rate): 15 16
    Assists (scaled to Kidd's usage rate): 9.4 9.3
    Rebounds (unscaled): 5 7
    Steals (unscaled): 2 2

Remember, these are all per-36-minute numbers. I have scaled Lin's points and assists to Kidd's usage rate, as these are highly dependent on how often the ball is in your hands. Rebounds and steals, however, are largely independent of usage rate, so I have not scaled them.

As you can see, Lin is tracking Kidd's career path almost perfectly. Are you saying that Kidd was garbage?

4. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

I was downgraded because I made some anti-Harden threads. I was new here and didn't understand the way this board was run at the time. I use to post on the ESPN forums back in the day and people were allowed to voice their opinion without being squelched or having threads merged. I recently tried to return to those forums only to find that the format had been changed and none of the old posters still post there so I came here.

Needless to say, I understand this board has different rules and I respect those rules. I will keep posting and not complain about them, if im a rookie then so be it.

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Other than shooting, any part of his game can be considered garbage?

7. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

So if you cook few subpar main dishes but great appetizers in the first month of your employment ad a young chef, then they should fire you right?

Look I have no problem with you criticizing Lin for his poor play but let's not go to extremes.

The annoying thing about you is this sense if self riteousness looking at everything in black and white terms. Did you actually see him play an entire game last year? You need to come down to earth and realize that you probably should stick to cooking than analyzing basketball.

8. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Wait you do realize Dragic is only 26 right? what do you mean he will be passed his prime

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The TO's and his decision making.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's obvious Linsanity was committed once he stepped foot on Houston soil.

11. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

As a long time Rocket fan the guy just isnt good to me...I want him to succeed but he just doesn't run the show well..could be coaching and it could be the lack of shooters but still..I think Morey should of signed Dragic instead

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Now this is when I get annoyed- when people bash Lin when they clearly haven't seen him play this year. You can fault his passivity or lack of jumper but he has actually done better with decision making when given the role with less TOs. Come on. Don't just bash Lin just for the sake if it. At least be more objective about it.

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Could've, would've, should've but he didn't. Dragic is no longer a rocket. Stop commiserating over something you can't take back.

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Are you a child?

17. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

I have been wrong about things before, I have no problem admitting it, either.

But what have you seen from Lin so far this year that gives you any sort of feeling that he can become an elite PG for the Rockets? Go back and look at Steve Francis rookie year, hell just look at what Damian Lillard is doing for Portland right now with limited experience, both head and shoulders above Lin.

If Lin is hurt, then Morey made a horrible decision brining him here. But from what I have seen of Lin so far this year, if he could become Rafer Alston he would be improving his game by a lot, like....big time bro. And Rafer wasn't all that good.

I don't know what Lin's ceiling is, but he's starting to seem more like Tebow, only without the clutch factor.

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am a Rockets fan so i have watched every game. Lin has been sloppy with the ball of late. He is not alone in this though. Harden has also been sloppy. The Harden/Lin has looked bad these past few games. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling it like it is.

20. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Ignored somebody for the first time now.....I hope Lin succeeds tho just as of right now its not looking to good