1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 10.0 (with team trade scenarios & big board)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I really dont see Barnes falling that far. If he does, I hope we can make a move and get him.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chad Ford & Ryan R. on the NBA Today podcast, breaking down the lottery.

1. New Orleans - Anthony Davis #1

2. Charlotte - Cleveland in the mix and most likely team to move up in the draft. Charlotte lacks assets. They need multiple assets. Whoever they take at 2 won't turn Charlotte around. If they can get several prospects and/or young vets or whatever, it will speed along the process. Jordan hates to lose. They tanked this season to get Anthony Davis. There is no Anthony Davis next year in 2013. How long do you do that hoping you get the #1 pick? They'll try to start getting better. Sold on Robinson going 2. MKG is the other option there. MKG is intriguing. I understand the reservations there. You'd put him in a position to fail in Charlotte.

3. Washington - Washington takes Beal, no debate.

4. Cleveland - They've shifted. They came in viewing Barnes as the 2nd best prospect in this draft. Once they've done all their work, there is a growing reluctance to take him at 4. MKG is the guy they take at 4 if he's there. Cleveland might take Waiters ahead of Barnes.

5. Sacramento - Barnes is in play. Sacramento's main thing is finding a trade and from every signal I've gotten, including team officials and Sacramento sources and agents who rep players, everyone believes they'll consummate a trade with Houston, that this will happen by draft night and Andre Drummond is a target by Houston. However, if they don't get anything done, they can move into July and still have the draft rights for their player and continue to talk about trades and they believe Drummond is the most marketable, maybe most tradeable of those assets and would select him anyways even if they can't consummate a trade with Houston. I don't want to say they(SAC) don't want him but they're looking at is as which is the best asset.

Say it goes Robinson, Beal, Barnes to Cleveland, and MKG is still on the board at 5, I've heard GS would move up from 7 to 5 and take MKG. They want him more than anybody. MKG is 2 on Warriors board. They see him as a perfect fit. I think you could see them doing that. I don't understand why Sacramento wouldn't take MKG. Here's a guy who doesn't need the ball in his hands to make a major impact. He cares about winning, a leader and high character guy. He's a no-brainer for Sacramento. A great fit there. They won't ask him to be the guy.

Henson a surprise guy in the top five here?

Yes, the Kings like him. If they don't trade the pick and don't touch Drummond and MKG is off the board and Robinson is off the board, they could take Henson. He will go probably 9 unless Drummond falls. They'll say he would have gone 4 spots below us and not a major reach for us and we need a shot blocker and is a fit for our team and we believe in him. Henson a polarizing player in the draft. They love the length and athleticism. Poor combine probably from an ankle injury he had. He kinda got a bad body but that's ok. A hard worker, good kid and will play hard. I wouldn't kill them if Sacramento did that at five.

6. Portland - Barnes not heavily in the mix.

7. Golden State - Barnes is in the mix and GM Bob Myers may feel he is the right guy. Jerry West is a Waiters fan. Jerry along with some other execs in the league feel like Waiters could be the other star in this draft. I would be surprised if they passed on Barnes but you added 3 jump shooters. Who is the guy getting to the basket? Waiters will be as good as anyone in this draft getting to the basket and finishing.

8. Toronto - Barnes will not get past here. I heard Houston, not looking to get Dwight but if they move Lowry, I was told Toronto is the most likely landing spot. Toronto's hesitation is using cap space to make this happen. If they could swap Calderon for Lowry, they'd do it but Houston doesn't want the money back. You got this scenario with the Raptors where, if we take this guy, it impedes our ability to play the FA market and our dog and pony show for Steve Nash. They realize he probably isn't going to come but need to make the effort to try and get him. They could amnesty Calderon and do the Lowry deal but that would cost them money. Some owners nickel and dime this and some don't care. Toronto owner is money sensitive. Lowry's numbers are still good next year at 5.7 million. Raptors see the scenario where Barnes slide to them and also see where Waiters slide to them. Tough to make a deal until they know those 2 guys are off the board. If those 2 guys are off the board, they may be more receptive.

9. Detroit - Henson in the mix. They went to check out Andre Drummond. The Pistons on Tuesday flew to NY watch him work out. It wasn't a Pistons workout. It was a workout of Drummond by his people. They felt they needed to get that look. Ultimately I think they take Drummond. So freaky athletically. If he tries a little, he's DeAndre Jordan. If he tries a lot, he's Dwight Howard. He's so hard to figure out. You'll look dumb if it doesn't work out in 3 years. When you talk to Drummond, he looks like a 28 year old giant. You talk to him, he sounds like a 15 year old kid. I'm not saying he's not smart, he doesn't have a clue what it will take at the next level to be great.

Austin Rivers, most polarizing player in the draft. Some deeply believe he'll be a really good NBA player. Others I respect don't see it at all. He'll struggle to adjust.

10. New Orleans - Rivers to New Orleans. Watching in HS, you hear the hype, he goes to Duke, you watch him, he is a selfish player. A difficult guy to coach with at times and difficult to get along with. I've come around on him more. Not a PG but I like him at 10. Makes sense for NO. No pressure on him. The people think he'll be a miss, I think he'll play in the league for awhile. If Rivers went in the middle of the first round, expectations would be lower. If he goes too high and expectation are he is our star, I think he'll struggle at the next level. Ford: I would call the Pacers and try to get Collison back or Eric Bledsoe from LAC. At 10, I go a different direction rather than Gordon and Rivers and Davis. There is a connection between Monty and Doc. They know who they're getting if they take him.

11. Portland - I heard Portland, if Rivers is there, they take him. At 6, Lillard, Waiters, Drummond and at 11, that's where this second group breaks in. Meyers Leonard could be in play or Tyler Zeller. Zeller was better in workouts. They like Jeremy Lamb. If you don't know who he is right now, then stop scouting and just watch workouts.

12. Houston - They're gonna trade this pick. They weren't trying for 3 mid first round picks. If you ask who Houston wants, I would say 1. Drummond and 2. Lillard. Neither will be there and I don't think Houston will be here.

13. Phoenix - Early word was Waiters but clear now he won't be here. That promised backfired to Waiters. It was real. Waiters not a great workout guy. I liked him because I saw him play 5 on 5. Waiters likes to play, not practice. He might be there at 13 if they let him workout.

14. Milwaukee - They wanted a big but got Dalembert now. Terrence Ross could go 13 to Phoenix. Hearing that may be their guy. The Bucks, if Lamb fell there, intrigued. Leonard intrigued and Terrence Jones as well. He would be a nice fit.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8107258

2 people like this.
  3. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

If we actually do get to move up for #5, assuming it's even close to reasonable for us and not a glaringly obvious horrible trade (which I don't think Morey would do), I consider that success for us.

Keeping #5 is a win.
    Trading #5 and others for DHo is a win.
    Trading #5 and others for JSmith is a win.
    Maybe a couple other scenarios with #5 is a win.

You have to admit, moving up to #5 would be the most exiting draft we've seen in a long time!

4. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44390

Ummm....really, we could be waiting until Jul 1 for this??

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Josh smith is not worth the 5th pick

6. smr6

smr6 Member

If they wait til Jul 1st rather than tonight they are only going to get a lower value than what we could give them tonight.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Born a Cavs fan and a Florida alumni, Beal landing in Cleveland would be perfect for me.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't think Orlando is in rush to trade Dwight Howard as much as other teams that are trying to trade for him, while return for him. The only good deal that they could possibly get for him and be close to equal value is Andrew Bynum (straight up), Griffin and Jordan (from the Clippers), or a package of young players with alot of potential (potential to be perennial all-stars).

THey may in fact go the New Orleans or Toronto route and more or less just let him go for practically nothing.