1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Israeli/Palestenian conflict poll question.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OlajuwonFan81, Mar 31, 2012.

?

Where do you put the blame on the Israeli/Palestenian conflict ?

1. Israel

38 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. Palestine

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. America

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Who is to blame ? Simple question. Obviously there is some blame that is shared but who do you think is mostly responsible? Answer accordingly........

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The ones throwing rocks and calling for the obliteration of the other.

3. hairyme

hairyme Member

Where's the option for "all of the above"?

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Questions like this is why nothing gets done. It serves no purpose to try to claim someone has the moral high ground. It simplifies an already intensely complex situation. 98% of people who talk about this subject no virtually nothing about Israel or Palestine and their shared history. There have been over 100 years of history since the first Jews made aliyah to what is now Israel. And everything since then has helped to shape the course of history.

Now logically speaking, how can you take 100 years of history and boil it down to a simple statement of morality? The simple answer is you can't without omitting moments in history that don't fit your narrative and preconceived notions of who is right.

Questions like this are not only silly, they're actually part of the problem. (I'm not intending to blame the OP but I find this line of questioning very frustrating)

1 person likes this.
  5. Apps

Apps Member

It always struck me as strange that anybody could ever take a definitive stance one way or the other, or to fervently support one side or the other.

It seems to me that all parties involved in this conflict are both guilty of some things and a victim of others. This is about gray as it can get, yet people still manage to see it black and white.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Throwing rocks is one thing.........

Settlements, check points, tanks, snipers, missiles is another.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would be doing more than just throwing rocks if someone bulldozed my house with my family in it. I guess you can call me a terrorist.

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think everyone agrees that there is blame to go around but usually some are at fault more than the others.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Terrorist.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If that is ur definition of a terrorist i guess 99% of humanity would be included.

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

None of the above. I put it on the British and the rest of the world powers prior to WWI, and I also put it on the Palestinian leaders, who consistently said no, no, no, until they had nothing to show at all. They screwed over their people while they dily dallied in Beirut, instead of making real headway with the Israelis. The Israelis don't make things much better when they consistently intrude onto land that doesn't belong to them. The intifada was a peaceful uprising, rocks, versus guns. Tanks verses sticks.

I guess you can't expect anything less, when you constantly villify a religious group for centuries. Eventually they're going to rise up and when they get some power they'll hold on to dear life.

The UN's set up doesn't make things much better, they threatened the Palestinians many times not to bring their case to the UN. The UN has done virtually nothing to contain the situation.

1 person likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He asked for it...I only complied :p.

13. Apps

Apps Member

When "fault" results in hundreds (perhaps thousands?) of lives lost on both sides of the fence (ha), the distinction of who is "more" at fault becomes negligible. I'm not here to body-count. Who violates who doesn't matter when both violate each other.

And the casting of the first stone? Who's "more" at fault? What about that single-celled organism that had the nerve to evolve?

14. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

I think the occupation is the ultimate issue but the palestinians are not blameless as many here like to think. Ultimately, all of the above.

15. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Where's the option for "extremists on both sides"?

This is a horrible poll that does not spur any positive discussion and only emphasizes blame.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Obama.

17. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

of course!

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Leftists and Muslims will always blame Israel. For everything.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I second this post but will add the US into the mix. I don't think blind support of Israel has helped the situation at all. Guaranteeing Israel's existence is one thing. Not even giving them a slap on the wrist as they continue to build settlements is another.

1 person likes this.