1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry questionable for return this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Point being, as long as he is healed and the sickness didnt detract from his skill level on the court, GMs know what he can do, and as long as their doctors reassure them that he is ready to take the court, I doubt it affects his trade value.

Considering we are all guessing here, I dont see how anyone can state anything about his recovery with a reasonable degree of certainty.

Except for what I wrote above, since that is just common sense.;)

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dang, I guess Bill W did let it slip a couple of games ago.

Next man up !

DD

3. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Seriously, Kyle is going to die!

1 person likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's not funny man, some people really die from this. I know he made it through, but you guys should stop making jokes, etc.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree 100%. If he gets cleared and he's back to normal, then that's the best case scenario. I can't be sure of anything, but for some to act like treatment is a slam dunk is ignorant, as is thinking it can't happen again soon. Lowry wouldn't be as worried, if that were the case.

FWIW:

Now, they also have to wait for his groin issue to heal, assuming this resting period hasn't healed it already.

full transcript:http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/kyle_lowry_medical_update_2012_03_09.html

#105 RV6, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's usually the case.

Hope he gets better soon. Fans shouldn't get too upset, this is just bad luck and it happens.

7. houseofglass21

Well if it was meningitis they would have had to give everyone on the team antibiotics. Because of them all traveling together and being in close quarters in the locker room other players on the team could have gotten it as well.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm just curious RV, have you ever had anything like this?

I mean, in my case, the doctors never did figure out what I had that like Lowry, kept me in the hospital for a week and at home for about a month where I couldn't do anything. They figured it was a brain thing, but that was about it. That's just how some serious infections work.

9. Big Time Titan

That's some sh!++y luck.

Basketball aside, I hope he gets back to good health. Sounds like a scary situation not knowing what he's looking at.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No, i definitely haven't...again, not saying it's likely to bug him forever. I'm also not saying they should have known what caused it..i know the cause is hard to find in most cases....but that just makes it very difficult to say it won't happen again. I understand its more likely that it's a one time thing, but lets not ignore other real possibilities.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

i never said he had HIV. i was actually thinking full blown aids judging by the weight loss and lesions that his clothing is likely covering (or else why would he be wearing clothes in his pictures?).

12. plates300

plates300 Member

bacterial infections are crazy serious, especially if they become resistant. Treat it with the wrong things and you're screwed. Let's hope it's not MRSA or anything of that nature. No sense in rushing back Lowry - health comes first.

13. cod

cod Member

So what has been slowing him down on the defensive end all season? Was it his ankle, hip, or groin?

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Full blown aids. In about three weeks.

This isn't even worth posting a "You're a r****d" picture.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

isn't worth posting a "your sarcasm detector is broken" either.

16. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

People tend to wear clothes in public more often than not. < / end sarcasm>

Just to be serious and back on topic, most people, when sick, especially with an infection, also tend to lose a lot of weight.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is ridiculous what the organization has to constantly deal with. Morey needs to search his stats for injury history from now on. I am tired of dealing with injuries to the Rockets roster every year.

19. returningfan

returningfan Member

I, too, have wondered what kind of infection Kyle has.
    The players are exposed to so many things - and while on the court are often putting their fingers in their mouths - most often in regards to their mouth guards. Some guys lick their fingers before free throws. Doesn't Kyle do that?

I wonder if the players are routinely given Gammaglobulin injections?

I wonder if the doctors are giving Kyle more than just Abx since he has a picc line. Perhaps he is getting IVIG? IVIG is like GG injections except that it is IV and much higher doses. I should know - I am on IVIG.

I have had an undiagnosed bacterial infection for years. More on that later.

IVIG is made of donated antibodies against several pathogens.
    It is a life saver for many. There is such a thing as hyper-immune IVIG which has high concentrations of specific disease-targeted antibodies.
    Too bad research has seemed to have stalled in this regard. I would rather
    receive injections of antibodies that directly hit/neutralize pathogens than take antibiotics.

FWIW read this:
    http://myhealth-center.de/app/download/4226335202/Krause+et+al+2002+2.pdf

Note the tables where for example H.Pylori is mentioned.

My undiagnosed infection turned out to be Lyme Disease. For years I was tested through commercial labs which are notorious for missing Lyme - where false negatives are the norm. A culture test recently/finally became available. I was one of the first tested. My test was positive. I think I became infected in Texas. Who knows if Kyle has been tested for Lyme.

And please consider being a plasma donor. Some companies pay folks for their plasma.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Hope Kyle gets better soon, Rockets are just snake bitten with injuries to their main players....