Thread: Les
View Single Post
Aruba77 is offline Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
I share your frustration over Les, but i don't understand the connection you make with regard to Les raking in the $ at the expense of the health of our team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought all revenues from NBA merchandise and broadcasts were shared accross the league. How did Yao make money exclusively for Les? I mean, i know he increased the value of the team because he improved our world-wide popularity, and sold a few extra tickets, but beyond that, i just don't see it.

If anyone is to blame for our lack of a center these past couple of years, it's Morey (who i still think is an excellent GM, but is vulnerable to criticism on this issue). For years, it was evident that we needed to back Yao up with a quality center. We rode Deke as long as we could (and quite frankly, were lucky he was as productive as he was). When he retired, we never replaced him with a quality center, and it handicapped us for the last 3 years. David Anderson, Chuck Hayes, and Brad Miller were simply unacceptable.

At least ... this is how i see it.