1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL moves Colts-Patriots out of prime time

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 8, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

No surprise here.

Was originally a Week 13 SNF match-up. Instead moved to noon on CBS.

[rquoter]The NFL will announce in a couple of weeks which game is moving into the prime time slot for Week 13, which falls on Sunday, December 4. Lions-Saints or Bengals-Steelers would appear to be the best candidates, as Fox has protected the Packers-Giants game that day.

The league has also announced that Eagles-Giants will remain in prime time Week 11, and that the Week 11 Titans-Falcons game has moved from a 1 p.m. kickoff to a 4:15 p.m. kickoff.[/rquoter]

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1997 Spurs strike again.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

THe NFl Would have been more humane to just give NE an extra bye week...

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Texans-Falcons please. kthx

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Excellent!

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So looking at the schedule, I see only a few games that might get in the way of the Texans having their first game on Football Night in America.

GB @ NYG - This game would be the clear-cut favorite to take the spot instead of Atlanta @ Houston. However, each network has the right to protect one (I believe it's one....it might be more) of its games from flexing each week, and I've gotta think FOX picks this one. This is going to be an epic match-up, and I don't think FOX let's this one get away.

DET @ NO - This is really the only other game that poses a potential threat, but I just don't see how NBC looks at this game as a ratings monster. Detroit is a small market, and the luster may very well be off of them by the time this game rolls around. I still think, especially if Atlanta goes on a roll from now til then, that our game is more intriguing on a national level.

CIN @ PIT - This is basically the only game on CBS that's worth a damn that weekend (maybe KC @ CHI, but that pails in comparison), so again, I would think they would protect this. Even if they didn't though, the Bengals just don't have the national draw that the Falcons @ Texans do. The Steelers are a HUGE national ratings boost though, so I could see this potentially happening. Now, if the Bengals lose a couple of games to division foes along the way, then all of this could be for naught.

All in all, I'm liking the chances of the Texans getting their first crack on NBC in franchise history.

7. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i was looking at the matchups also to see if the texans could get moved, and from your analysis it looks like it's possible. i didn't know that each station had a right to pick a game that cannot be flexed, thanks for the info.

i think CBS would rather have a steelers game than a texans game, so it's down to DET/NO vs ATL/HOU... not sure what what to think is the favorite between the two.. i think if both ATL and the texans win out it's a good possibility.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

New Orleans is an exciting team that seems to have fans around the country now that they just won the superbowl. Detroit is also one of those exciting young teams. I think that it's a toss up at best for us to be put on Sunday night.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

With the game being in New Orleans, I can't imagine they pass up an opportunity to put Brees and Suh in primetime. Too much star power. It's a sexy matchup. The Texans and Falcons have zero national appeal.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I could see Texans vs Falcons. If Atlanta beat the Saints in week 10, then it could be the two division leaders.

But yep NO vs DET, sounds like a nice matchup too, I think it would get more rating.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

PLEASE make it Atl-Hou! I'm flying in from out of town and that will be my only chance to watch it.

But I honestly don't seem them picking ATL_HOUover NO-DET unless DET melts down between now and then.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Only if the Texans and Falcons win out till week 13.

13. today

today Contributing Member

One thing of note will be that Giants/Saints Week 12 game is the Monday night game. What's the sentiment of the NFL regarding having a team on national TV two weeks in a row? I'm hoping that they would rather spread the love around and give it to us =)

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think they consider that when it's ESPN and then NBC. For example, the Eagles were on MNF and then SNF this week. I don't think they normally put the same team on the same network two weeks in a row though.

15. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

What are the chances colts texans Thursday game also gets moved?

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They don't move those games.

17. today

today Contributing Member

That stinks. DET/NO is probably a 2 to 1 favorite over us to get the nod, so I was fishing for something to hold out hope with.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

When do they have to make a decision about the replacement game?

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I highly doubt folks around the country want to see us and ATL over NO and Det. Brees is one of the faces of the league and the Lions even seem to get more pub than us.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The only games they can move are SNF.