1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Working for Schlumberger

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AggieRocket, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Indeed...the language...you might want to learn that first...

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I thought your schtick was always to use emoticons and smilies. I haz disappoint

:grin:

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

They will bust your ass but train you better than anyone else. Think of it as the "high powered finance" equivlent in the oil business. Your first few years will be travel and work, nothing else.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My God some people should not be allowed to use the internet.

Thread is 6 years old.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Company culture is completely subjective based on employee status, market conditions and all kinds of other crap.

Plus your kid's an engineer. That's a cyclical job market based on project flow and/or commodity prices, so he's very possibly going to be working a crapload of companies with different kind of people.

Schlumberger's a big name and will probably have numerous challenging and important projects, that's literally all that matters. Jesus I wish was your kid right about now, energy jobs in the non-operational side are either cool but unstable marketing jobs, morally ambiguous legal gigs (you enjoy writing mass internal emails asking employees to call their congressman with your well drafted anti-environment talking points?) or just crappy crappy non-transferrable revenue accounting.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Heh. Necro bump.

Dude is foreign or dude is a jokester.

I remember this thread from way back when. I just learned how to pronounce it last december.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sunuvabiskit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.