1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you respond to/confront a birther?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ChievousFTFace, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Because....

The birthers are too stupid to understand that Obama is totally playing them. If they have to ask HOW he's playing them, well, that kind of proves my point...

As a conservative, this whole birther movement is just embarrassing. I cringe every time I see or hear anyone referencing it. I really wish people would drop it and move on. Sort of reminds me of all the wanna-be hippies comparing Bush to Hitler during his term(s). Just silly and counterproductive. Not even worth arguing about.

1 person likes this.
  2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'm unsure as to what a "newyorker" is, but I do understand you can't prove your position any more than those on the other side of the issue. "Show me the money" (the birth certificate) and I might be more amenable.

3. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

delusional

seriously seek help

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a difference though regarding criticism or insults when they are focused around decisions versus ethnicity.

For instance:
    "Dubya is such an idiot liar for getting us into Iraq!"
    versus
    "Barack Hussein Obama is a monkey that needs to be deported to Kenya!"

One is about the decisions and the particular person while the other is about the ethnicity.

Anyway I did take offense when I heard people make insulting remarks about GW Bush as a Texan. I have on argued with several people outside of Texas regarding the ridiculous stereotypical views of Texans that many of those outside of Texas hold.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are saying that you actually do doubt that Obama was legally born in the US?

Pardon me for asking but did you see John McCain, Sarah Palin, Joe Biden or anyone else's birth certificate who has run for President or VP?

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they okay because they "look American" according to tea partiers

8. thumbs

As I have repeatedly stated, I neither believe it nor disbelieve it. I have seen no definitive proof that proves or disproves it. Ergo, my message to the believers and non-believers is "Show me the money."

9. thumbs

Can you provide a link to that quote please? I strongly suspect you make such aspersions as you prance merrily along.

Also, none of the aforementioned was elected so rj's question becomes moot. However, I do agree all presidential and vice presidential candidates should be subjected to identical scrutiny.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Lisa: "By your logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.”
    Homer: “Hmm; how does it work?”
    Lisa: “It doesn’t work; it’s just a stupid rock!”
    Homer: “Uh-huh.”
    Lisa: “… but I don’t see any tigers around, do you?”
    Homer: “Lisa, I want to buy your rock…”

11. thumbs

A capital murder has occurred. A suspect is arrested and put on trial. Six of the jurors vote to convict and six vote to acquit. Since the jury is hung, you are saying six of the jurors should be hanged. Which six?

BTW, this logic is just as strained as yours.

12. esteban

esteban Member

Thadeus, my mother is deceased, I live right here in Houston Tx, would you like to say that to my face and in person?

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if your mother was alive it will be okay with you?

15. thumbs

You remind me of a pinball wizard with the way you rack up idiot points with such zeal.

16. esteban

esteban Member

You too Vlaurelio, you are welcome to ask me that in person!

BTW: this will be my last post , because other decent posters on this board will know what to do with you two!

17. thumbs

First, I hope you reconsider. No poster should be driven from the D&D by would-be bullies. Personally, I enjoy the verbal duels, although jousting with someone like vlaurelio is scarcely a challenge. He brings only half of the wit he so sorely needs.

18. ChievousFTFace

What an internet tough guy Esteban is...

Call somebody a coward and then he can't take a joke while implying a violent threat. Personality fail.

1 person likes this.
  19. thumbs

Whereas violence is rarely the correct answer, each person has a line that cannot be crossed. Taste is more than something found only in one's mouth.

If you will recall, vlaurelio challenged both my fortitude and literacy. Since I have full faith and confidence in both for myself, I know that a a would-be bully like vlaurelio is always the first to cut and run, especially in the face of truth and conviction.

20. ChievousFTFace

Hey I understand how it is to be outnumbered on the board (see Israel threads). To relate to the original topic, just because people say something is true over and over again, doesn't make it true. Minority opinions/viewpoints should be acknowledged. Esteban should note that is a common joke that Thadeus has had for a long time. I don't care what lines you have, there is no place for threatening violence (ie: "meet me in person, derpa derp derp, and say that to my face").