1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodgers fans beat Giants fan into a coma!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by t_mac1, Apr 6, 2011.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/06/BALI1IQNGH.DTL

wow, this is ridiculously low. i know this rivalry was heated, but seriously?

it's also reported that stow's friends and family encourage retaliation towards dodger fans when they visit SF. :eek:

hopefully these lowlives get caught and put into jail for the rest of their lives. but you cannot seek out all dodger fans for a few lunatics.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I heard about this. I can only hope the pieces of $#!+ that did this get some payback. :mad:

3. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

Wow this is absurd. I hope severe punishment will be taken if the scumbags are caught.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

I love sports but I have no clue how some people take sports this serious.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Alcohol and maybe drugs involved? 100k is a lot of money and hopefully they'll catch these nobodies.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Dodgers 1: San Fran 0

You better step up big San Fran!

8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Let's see,

Dodger fan
    Tank tops
    Baby in their car
    Dodger fan

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think alchool definitely plays a big factor in the behavior of a lot of fans. Without it there would still be a lot of idiots sadly.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Alcohol

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Alcohol isnt the problem here.

There is a deep rooted issue beyond the alcohol. You have to have a certain level of hatred that exists...then the alcohol brings it out. These people are messed up in the head before they take their first sip of beer.

I just wont ever be able to comprehend wanting to physically harm another human over a sport. Ridiculous.

12. Apps

Apps Member

Dodger Stadium has in the past several years had quite a few problems with exceedingly rowdy fans. It's starting to become very difficult to be the fan of an opposing team in DS. I've heard stories of in-your-face drunken heckling and some pretty nasty behavior from Dodgers fans during the games, but this assault is sickening and unprecedented in its magnitude.

13. VanityHalfBlack

My couch, the best seat in the house to watch a sports game...

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...

Pretty pathetic that you let sports bring out the worst in people...but its safe to say its not an isolated incident...There are plenty of things like this that occur in lots of sports...truly sad...

15. theimpossibles1

Not sure where you heard this but your article states:
    Stow's friends and family have urged fans to not seek revenge on Dodger fans when the teams play next week.

"We are adamant that people not take this out on Dodger fans. The people who did this to Bryan are just two individuals who did something stupid," said Daniel Franklin, a co-worker of Stow's at American Medical Response. "These guys are not Dodgers fans. They're just lowlifes."

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I care enough about sports to have the Texans logo emblazoned permanently on my upper arm.

I just can't imagine wanting to hit someone cause he was a Colts supporter. Give them verbal crap about it if there weren't kids around, maybe. But, come to blows, that's just stupid. (And for the record I have been at tailgates with enough booze is my belly to float a battleship, it doesn't make you violent unless you have violent tendencies to start with).

17. conquistador#11

What's more disturbing is that the assault was probably witnessed by many and no one did a damn thing. They just moved on like nothing was happening.
    I'm starting to dislike 'dodger fan',as this one of many incidents in the past couple of years.

And as much as I hate the red birds, their fans are just awesome. They're knowledgeable, friendly and rowdy. I'll never forget when they gave the Astros a standing ovation after that game 6 victory*. More fans need to be like that.

*It could have been that it was the last game played at the old stadium, but I like to think it was because both teams played their hearts out.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's crazy and depressing. I had a bottle thrown at me at Miller Park when Biggio played his final game there. Luckily the bottle didn't come close to hitting me and was one of those plastic bottles.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Noticed that too and nice gesture on the part of Stow's family and friends.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Heard about that yesterday, really sad sad state of affairs.