1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Brooks to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Took long enough. Good move by Morey. I do appreciate what Aaron Brooks has done for us over the course of his Rocket career. Wish him luck.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

dragic talks like junior adelberg from home movies

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRo4SZUCxnc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRo4SZUCxnc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

3. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Basically Brooks has played like a first round pick. So we're giving up, essentially, a first round pick who has already been developed for a couple of years and experienced the learning curve for a first round pick and a backup. Not bad, but not incredibly impressive. Nice trade for the Suns.

4. worzel gummidge

http://basketball.realgm.com/articl...Deal_Rockets_Make_Two_Small_And_Shrewd_Trades

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Outstanding. Someone gave us an A.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What are the Suns odds of making the playoffs this year?

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

where's DD?

did he change his name?

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

How so? Memphis is looking like they'll make the playoffs this season, especially with Shane added to that team, whereas the Rockets hardly look like a playoff team right now. He's already got strong ties to the community in Memphis. He is universally loved in that town. If he wants to win a championship, he'll have his pick of contenders this offseason. Every single one of them would love to add Shane (for the right price, of course).

What about that doesn't he deserve?

9. MadRox

MadRox Member

The ugly truth is: even at Brooks' prime he was NOT that good...he always been one dimensional. Yeah he could score some because he took ridiculous amount of shots. Besides 19.6pts a game, what else did Brooks do for our team last year? He made the rest of the team better? He's a workhorse and hustled? He was an awesome defender? I think that half of the PGs in the league can do the same if they kept the ball in their own hands half of the game, averaged 36min a game, and jacks up 15-20 shots a game like Brooks did last year. He was never great in anything else, he is what he is: a career 41% volume shooter. Sorry, but I'm kinda glad he got traded, for the better of the team.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think it was good for the rockets. Once the rockets matched the lowry contract, it kind of limited their options. Personally and I said this at the time, they should have let Lowry walk and then trade for sessions and hollins and never signed Miller. Even with that, had brooks played like he did, they would have still had a starter quality pg in sessions and a young space defender in hollins and stayed under the lux tax. I also said if they didnt extend Brooks, he would be traded because of the future pay increase from a couple of teams and the rockets werent going to match.

In the end, the rockets got another 1st rd pick and no matter where it is, it gives them flexibility to move up in the draft.Dragic is a solid backup whom is also struggling this year. At their best, brooks is a better player, but that 1st rd pick is golden imo.

1 person likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Putting it that way, you've persuaded me, despite an ingrained negative view towards Memphis. I'm still ticked about the Gasol deal, among other things. Yes, Shane has a history there, so perhaps it's all good.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brooks(from on tv): [rquoter]I was shocked by the team. Not shocked about being traded. Always knew it was possible. I'll miss Houston and the team. Time to move on I guess.

Emotional time?

Time for new challenge but it is somewhat emotional. This was the team that drafted me. New experiment/experience. I would have my disagreements but I didnt keep talking about it. I leave it at that. I voice my dismay. My play wasnt well but had nothing to do with my contract. I could be the future somewhere. I havent lost this game. I love to play it. Im ready to go. My time is now. Wish it could've ended differently.[/rquoter]

[rquoter]
    Brooks: I'm not shocked. In this league you can never be shocked. This is a business. They made that clear. We had our problems as far as the way they dealt with me, but that's water under the bridge. It's time to move on. I had a good time here. The coaches, my teammates and the fans were great. I love them all. I'm going to miss them. I wish the guys well. Brooks said he looks forward to playing for the Suns. Phoenix is a good situation. I am going to learn a lot from (guard) Steve Nash.[/rquoter]

Best of luck to AB in Phoenix and elsewhere should he move along from there.

13. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Good luck Aaron. You'll always be a favorite of mine solely because you were the reason Alston got bumped and that in itself deserves a huge amount of appreciation!

14. nathan8

nathan8 Member

I second that. He earned his MIP award here and he played his greatest games here. Now it's time to start a new era.

Just a shame ish is gone... Terrence Williams must be frofing at the mouth, he knows he is going to show everybody what his worth.

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We will love Dragic. HE IS A TERREFIC PLAYMAKER and can be a good scorer but he and Scola will have alot of pick and roll points.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can't wait to see him in a Rockets uniform. The first round pick was icing on the cake.

17. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Yes, he did actually. Look at our overachieving team last year and our underachieving team this year... what's the biggest difference? The play of Aaron Brooks... last year, he was great, had a coming out year and won 6th man of the year. This year, he's been inconsistent, struggled with finding his shot through most games and just whined about his contract and his playing time....

I was a Brook's fan, especially against the Lakers in the playoffs and all season last year...

But, this year.... he really hasn't done anything for us....

So, honestly, not too sad to see him go, but I wish him the best and hopefully he can find his rhythm and get back to his old self in whatever situation he winds up in.

18. Tmac_fan

Tmac_fan Member

all i have to say is brooks will be missed big tyme, i wished that he would of stayed with houston, but as soon as they gave lowry an extension i knew where it was going, good luck aaron, true fans stay true where ever you play..
    its ur tyme to shine

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

YES!!!! So long AB.....so happy to see it happen .

20. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Good luck Aaron!

Welcome Dragic! He is going to be special, IMO ... the guy can play (defense) and is a great playmaker!