1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best moments of Cheers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Feb 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

dandorotik, that was Melville... who bought the "upstairs" restaurant. I don't think that was a real restaurant, though. There is one dude at work who looks like him and we call him that behind his back.
    I bought the NORM! "normisms" T-shirt in Boston. :) To this day, people tell me "that was an awesome show" when I wear it.

"NORM!"
    "What's going on mister Peterson?"
    "Let's talk about what's going 'in mister Peterson', Woody." :grin:

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Paraphrasing here, but the scene has stuck with me for life:

The guys are talking about the worst way to die. Norm says that sliding down a giant razor blade slowly while being cut in half would be the worst way to go out. Enter Frasier.

Guys: "So, Frazier, what's the worst possible way to die?"

Frasier: "Well, I believe that the absolute worst possible way to die would be to die knowing that nobody ever truly loved you."

The guys pause for a moment, saddened and staring at the floor.

Unanimously: "Shut up Frasier."

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

"NORM!"
    "What are you up to Norm?"
    "My ideal weight if I were ten feet tall."

Ha, loved that show.

4. Fatty FatBastard

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eiK1zHgq3uI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

maybe my two favorite ending lines to cheers episodes:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P48olUnIUu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is after lilith's lab rat dies and frasier throws it out, leading to a huge fight at a preschool interview for freddie. kelsey grammer delivering lines was always great.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7E5hDQcXIL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this was when frasier and lilith decided someone should stay home with freddie and frasier just started bringing him to the bar. most shows would've pulled a george constanza and gone out on top with "Norm!" but "he said mommy" from lilith was a great add on.

also, cliff saying goodbye to margaret and telling her she'll be fine in the cold in canada because "women have that extra layer of fat." no idea how they kept a straight face for that line.

and i don't know how anyone can think the early years of cheers were the best. seasons 1 and 2 aren't even in the same ballpark as the rest of the series and season 4 is when it really hits its stride, which lasts all the way through season 10 (season 11 there was a noticeable drop off). frasier was barely on the show through season 3 and not really the "yuppie elitist who was still a barfly" character that made him so great until some time around seasons 4 and 5. the sam and diane relationship (both as a couple and not) was at its best in seasons 4 and 5, the norm/cliff duo became what we know them as around this time, and lilith got introduced around this time. while it took a few episodes to find their feet during the diane/rebecca transition, the quality was even higher for most of the rebecca years. damn what a good show.

i will say this, i always thought their show titles sucked. maybe i just didn't get them but they were seemingly always weird without being clever. they should have gone into the future and got whoever did the titles for "King of Queens." they had some good ones.

1 person likes this.
  6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Cheers was an amazing show!! :cool:

The kelly song was very funny:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8hJjx7jTHA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

"Hey, Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you."

"I know, and if she calls, I'm not here."

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I'm partial to the Coach Era, bein' old an all, but these two were later....

Frasier : "Everybody, I'd like you to meet my date -- Dr. Lilith Sternin, MD. Ph.D, Ed.D, APA."

Woody: "Boy, it sure isn't spelled like it sounds."

----

Claven, to Kelly, showing her his vegetable variation:

"Beetabega fajita in a pita?"

Kelly: "No Hablo Español, Señor."

----

9. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

glenn beck sighting at 0:17

10. SwoLy-D

Trivia: Why did they call Coach "Red"? ;) You have to know that answer, Señor Dave Loco.

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Red, but not because of his hair. bah. thought it would come to me. I knew it, but couldn't remember. had to look to see it was because he "read" a book once.

#31 CrazyDave, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  12. SwoLy-D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CrazyDave again. :cool:

13. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Is there any quality sitcom showing in US now?

14. Fatty FatBastard

Modern Family & Community.

1 person likes this.
  15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

LOL! Thought it was the name of a show until I googled the entire string. :eek:

Thanks for the info. Hope they will show both in HK soon.

16. Fatty FatBastard

Go to Hulu for community, and abc.com for modern family. (or youtube for both in spurts...)

17. SwoLy-D

"Modern" family isn't "quality" and is based on purely on raunchy stuff. Cheers was clean and wholesome, aside from the machismo Sam displayed. :eek:

18. Fatty FatBastard

That is one of the dumbest things you've posted. How often have you watched it?

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That episode where Woody said something dumb was pretty funny.

#39 Mr. Clutch, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

siorry Swoly, i'm going to have to agree with FFb on this one. That's how bad your post was