1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Yao possibly to return Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EffTheJazz!!!, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why stop there, DD? Using your logic, they're babying Brooks, as well. Why not include him in the "babying" department?

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

There we go... even Yao doesn't think his coming back is the answers to the woes so far.

Wow, all these irrational people on clutchfans think the same thing as Yao! What a concept that there are actually posters here who know a little bit about basketball!!

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yao also called VSpan a budding Steve Nash...just saying...

lol

DD

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

DD don't ruin my moment! ;)

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sorry, just having a laugh...hehe.

DD

6. Prince

Prince Member

maybe that statement or thought by Yao is the answer. because the problem is mental?

7. Prince

Prince Member

Because Yao reads your threads here. :p

8. aggie87

aggie87 Member

great news, just in time for Yao to dominate the post, I hope he is 100% now and doesn't have these dumb limitations

we are no longer a playoff team, so this crap about "saving him for the playoffs" needs to to stop, we need him now to play 30+ minutes and back to backs

9. bloop

bloop Member

You're a rank noob if you dont understand how having Yao in the middle helps the defense.

And on offense yeah, you're right a guy who has 20/10 efficiency per full game even while hurt is useless on offense.

10. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Hopefully Rockets get on a winning streak before Yao's return!

11. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

One more thing from Yao Ming!

Article:

With the schedule for his return still uncertain, Yao Ming said the Rockets must begin making up ground now, rather than waiting for him and Aaron Brooks to come back from injury. If Yao can come back in the minimum projected time, it would be at the end of the week. But he still has not been cleared to work out on the court.

"We just cannot keep saying this is a long season," Yao said. "We're going to keep saying that everyday and pretty soon you are going to see that we are almost at the playoff season. We need to make an adjustment now. I'm more than just worried or concerned, sometimes it's not understandable (and I'm) a little bit angry about where we stand at, but still I try to be positive."

"I think right now it's not just a one or two (players) can come back and help the team right away. There are some other reasons we are where we are right now."

Sounds like Yao is telling DM to make a damn trade for a Superstar already!

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Great, he is our most tradeable asset, get it done Morey...Yao for Melo !

DD

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

at the beginning, i, like everyone here, didn't understand where 24 min was coming from. by that time, i thought if his left foot has already been healed 100% then he should be able to go in full force.

later on, after reading a article (i believe it from chron and don't know if anyone paid attention or not), i fully understand why. at current stage, they are monitoring his muscle in his left foot. they don't want his left foot muscle to get tired. in doing so, his left bones will not take major load. his muscle will help bones to load the weight. they are limiting his b2b games so his muscle has time to recover. based on this, we may assume his left foot bones are in good shape. this is why his doctor turned on green light for him to play in a contested games.

of coz, his left foot muscle is not in great shape after the surgery. it's understandable. now, the question is whether his left foot muscle will ever develope to the point he can play around 30 min. does anyone from the medical circle know the answer?

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I do, I do, I do... He can play exactly 25 minutes and 33 seconds on regular games and 12.10 on the second. Now the playoffs are different. There is more stress in those games so you will have to cut back to 22. 34. Also if his wife is pregnant again that will cause more stress and he will have to cut back even more. However if he is playing any of the bottom and thay are missing at least one key player you can increase his minutes to 30 asl long as he doesn't run back on offense every other play. If you want to play him back to back than he can play 13.23

The real answer is no one knows. All those doctors are guessing. Yeah it might be an intelligent guess but 24 minutes is a crapshoot number. They could just as easily said 20 or 30. I am okay with bringing him along slowly.

This is a sport. The athletes are paid to play. If they can play you play them. if it is a high risk that their careers will be over if they play than retire them. Telling Adelman exactly he is supposed to distribute his 24 minutes is ridiculous. I believe there is some truth to fatigue and how when your mucles are tired they provide less support but if Yao is still so fragile after working so hard for a 6 months prior to the season start than he will never be ready.

The way they are micro managing his minutes is stupid. If you want to be realistic every time down the court is different. SOme teams run and run and run while others are more slower tempo types. Each of those types should cause more wear on Yao. Also having to defend Shaq and Bynum is tougher than defending okafor. Yao's last injury should prove he is ready to play. His foot held up under severe stress. Severe stress and no stress fracture equal he pass the test. Release him and let him play. Bring him back slowly but base it on his ability to get back in shape. Watch him and push him a little pass his point of fatigue. And screw the stupid doctors time management. It's just a guess at best and it's destroying our season.

15. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I welcome Yao back, but not the 24 mins no back2back bull crap.

16. javajoe

javajoe Member

Yao for Melo? Do you have a serious proposal, or is this just an attempt at humor?

17. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

This quote was DIRECTLY to DaDakota.

Thanks Yao.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

He was kidding but you want a serious proposal? OKC needs an interior presence, Ibaka is a force but Green is a three not a four. If, or when, we are out of it the Thunder should call and inquire. I would propose...

Yao/Bud
    - It would give them a body to bang with the Lakers and could move Ibaka to the 4 where he would give Gasol/Duncan/Dirk fits with his length. Bud could help replace Harden and his points.

For

Green/Harden/Peterson
    - In Green you have your replacement for Battier, Harden will give you an exciting wing off the bench, maybe Martin's replacement if dealt, and Peterson is nice expiring deal.

This is one SCARY lineup...
    Westbrook
    Durant
    Thabo S.
    Ibaka
    Yao

Rockets get started with the future...
    Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Green/Harden
    Scola/Hill
    Miller/Hayes

Of course, more moves in the offseason or at the deadline would need to be made to balance out the rotation but it could be the first step in the process.

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

a question for you. will thunders be willing to sacrifice their young core for just one-year risk rental? yao could screw them at any time with any injury.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To me, their young core is Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka. Green is real nice but is out of position and their is no place for Harden to play. Green also will be looking to get paid this offseason, not sure the Thunder are willing to go that high for a small forward playing power forward.

Yao is a risk but while Yao is vital to the Rox success, in OKC Durant/Westbrook are the key players, making Yao a VERY nice complementary piece who doesn't need to play big minutes just important ones. If he breaks down then his money can be spent elsewhere, unlike here, players will be interested in playing with two superstars.

Oh and I am sure playing with Durant and Westbrook will make it very tough to sign elsewhere for Yao if he comes back strong.