1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub #14 QB in the league??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cmpatel, Aug 31, 2010.

1. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Matt Schaub is a really good quarterback and if my team didn't have Tony Romo I would welcome Matt with open arms.

Beyond that, excuse, excuse, excuse.

Obviously a quarterback can't do it by himself. But you know what's even more tired than your original statement?

"If we just hadn't missed that field goal..."
    "If we had a healthy running back..."
    "If we had recovered that one fumble..."

Football games are close and almost every team in the league is 5-6 plays from having a winning season. You either win or you don't.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, Schaub is the #3 fantasy QB and that is all that matters.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

True but how many can you actually consider "elite"? Not meant to be an attack on you but Clayton's definition of elite may be a tad fogged.

I'd put Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Brett Favre as truely elite. They have the accolades and hardware to say so. Aaron Rodgers could be there if he continues at his pace this season.

Big Ben is a slot bellow those 4 guys, his entire team helped him with those Super Bowl rings and he has not even been in consideration for MVPs.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He put him down as elite, and he's lumped in with guys that have proven to be clutch in big games. Take the compliment. He's not calling him average.

And I will say that he doesn't belong higher than that until he stops being iffy in big moments. He's led some good late comeback drives, but he's had at least as many crippling 4th quarter mistakes and INTs.

He's got to put that last piece together and then there's no keeping him out of the top 5.

Evan

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the "excuses" for the teams failures do not include Matt Schaub ..you know, like "if he wouldnt have fumbled the FG snap" :grin:

your missing the most obvious and simple of points and i'm not sure why you are turning this into a pissing match

6. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

you have poor reading comprehension. Please re-read the thread and try to pretend like everything is not about you

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not necessarily true. Our play-action pass can be run to perfection if Foster gets anywhere near 1400 rushing yards.

I see him throwing at least 30 touchdowns with OD back. Jacoby is in great shape and his route running has seemingly improved from last season. We have crazy potential.

Just.have.to.remain.healthy.

#47 sammy, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i knows...it's all about the cowyboys

9. conquistador#11

Rankings for the 2010 season should be based on what the player did the previous season. In which case, Schaub led in 5 out of six categories. That should make him a top 6 quaterback coming into this year until he's knocked out.
    It's like the media is completely ignoring a superb year by matt, a year that tom brady did not have. I'm sorry that schaub can't kick field goals or that he can't run off tackle for two yards. Maybe he would be ranked #13 if he could do those things.

1 person likes this.
  10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

(In order)

Tier 1:

Manning
    Brees
    Brady

Tier 2:

Rivers
    Rodgers
    Schaub
    Favre

Tier 3:

Flacco
    Rapelethberger
    Ryan
    Romo

Than everyone else.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

So has Mark Sanchez yet he's ranked behind Alex Smith.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Carson Palmer better than Schaub? SMH at that one. That guy has to be the most overrated player in the league. Besides the big 4 (Brees Brady Manning Rogers) i'll take Schaub over any other qb in the league..

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

14. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

4300 passing yards, 26 tds, 12 picks, 100.5 QB rating says otherwise.

Roethlisberger is great. if you don't see it, you're crazy. RINGS MATTER. And I'm not even a Steelers fan.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He's been very good. He played horrible in that first Super Bowl, and got a lot of undue accolades for it. Since then he's cemented his legacy by putting up big numbers, and winning a 2nd Super Bowl, this time trowing for the winning touchdown.

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The only reason Rodger's would complete a "big 4" is in a fantasy league. He's gone to the playoffs once and while I do think he is elite, it's not fair to rank him above River's who has taken his team to the playoffs every single year since he was drafted.

Last two seasons:

Rivers:

62 Touchdown passes

8263 yards

20 interceptions

Rodgers:

58 Touchdown passes

8472 yards

20 interceptions

Nearly the same, so why doesn't that put in Rivers in the "top 4"?

17. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

What What? .........Rivers 4 MVP !

18. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I always thought a good running game was suppose to help the passing game... maybe his numbers could have been better if they could've run the ball?

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Schaub is a top ten QB when playing but many here do not realize how bad it is for a QB to miss 5 games in a season which he did 2/3 seasons. We had a good backup in Rosencopter who did his job and that covers this up for most people.

He has some major faults in his game also.

No mobile at all. We run many bootlegs and when they are not 100% (unlike the cowboys game where they completely worked) he will have to throw on the run. He is not good at it and not fast to create space.

He cannot throw a good deep ball. Moss/Brady had an incredible season because Brady can freakin sling the ball deep. Schaub underthrows Andre Johnson all the freakin time. #80 would have a few more TD's if Schaub could throw another 10 yards. Dre beats his man, puts 5 yards on him, then has to backoff to get the catch and the safety catches up and tackles him.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Holy f***ing s**t. I can't believe my own eyes.