1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Value of Ricky

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Good luck with that bet.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm saying he's transcendent like Magic, Bird, Oscar, and MJ.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Only when it suites my viewpoint.

:)

DD

4. albuster

albuster Member

Go get him DM!

5. sandiegorocket

Two words for you. Kwame Brown. Two more. Darko Milicic. Now stop spouting about how advanced scouting is. It's still a crap shoot.

6. jopatmc

No, it's useless. Watch the game. Any player in the NBA, including Lebron and DWade can and do get burned in iso situations. Rubio was battling the pick and he was playing his a... off in all of those situations. He got beat on one play by Rose at the end of his stint of minutes. He was tired. Rose beat him to the bucket, plain and simple. Big whoop! It means nothing in the scope of the whole game. He had no help, no challenge from the interior on those plays. If you watch the totality of the games, he was the controlling force for Spain throughout the entire game. His defense was sensational. It doesn't matter than he got burned a time or two. You have to look at the whole picture. His defense was purely sensational, great pressing on-the-ball defense, very disruptive. Durant confirmed it with his comments. But watch the game. See it for yourself.

7. jopatmc

Scouts screw it up because they are looking at stupid non-basketball related garbage all the time. They look at guys doing drills, lifting weights, taking measurements. And they put way too low a value on intelligence, creativity, and wins.

Rubio flat out dominated that game with the U.S. He dominated it.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I like Rubio as much as almost anyone.. except you. You've gone off the deep end, my friend.

9. jopatmc

Arroyo had been in the NBA for 3-4 years before. He already had a track record. And he couldn't play for Jerry Sloan. Most of us knew what Arroyo really was. Yes, he had ONE sensational game against the U.S. Rubio has done it multiple times already at age 19, he's won the Euroleague title, he's played multiple times against the U.S. and there has been nothing but raves from even the NBA players themselves about his play. Not one NBA player has trashed him save for Brandon Jennings and that was before Brandon had stepped foot on the NBA court. Jennings, himself, isn't even good enough to make the USA team. Rubio has nutted it up and proven it consistently that he can play and dominate against superstar NBA players. Arroyo, one game with a great shooting performance. Two totally different animals.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

are you rubio's father? i know you told him to stay back in europe last year. so what are his plans for this year? please tell.

11. jopatmc

that's all you got?

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Sure, if we use your completely insane definition of the word "dominate."

13. jopatmc

Dominate in terms of Bird, Magic, Oscar, and MJ.

What term of dominate do you use?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know Tony Parker was a Euro player too, people knocked on him

but he ended with a bunch of championships and an american actress

Rubio in the future might do the same and grab Venessa Hudgens

you never know

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How can you compare Rubio to any of those guys just based on his differential in one game? I was watching that game. I saw flashes from Rubio, but I also saw a guy that has a way to go. Comparing him to 4 guys in the top 10 in triple doubles, and have 15 or so NBA championships is ridiculous. If he was dominating the game so much, why didn't his coach play him more?

16. jopatmc

Not based on one game. Watched him in the Olympics. Watched him in Europe. Watched him in this game. He dominates the game. I am saying he will become like them. I am not comparing him to them today. Your idea is hindsight is 20/20. I am looking forward. He will become great. He will be a top 5 NBA PG the moment he steps foot on an NBA court. And he will only get better from there.

17. Steve_Francis_rules

I get the feeling you either never saw those guys play, or you have a really bad memory. I'm sorry, but there is no way Rubio is on that level now, and he almost certainly never will be.

While stats don't mean everything, I still don't see how you can say a guy dominated a game when he had something like 7 points and 5 assists, and doesn't play very good defense.

18. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

nope i have taken over that thread with my 28/30 posts. that thread is officially my personal blog/ journal

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he based it on +/-. that means chuck hayes is the next great PF. or shane battier is overtaking carmelo anthony.

20. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

you guys act like rubio is magic johnson. he is a little scrub. he won't even come to the nba for at least 2 or 3 more years. yayyyyyyyyy we can then see him average 9 pts 6 ass and 2 steals in 23 minutes. weeeeee he is revolutionizing the game!!!