1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Possible multiple team deal bringing Tyson Chandler to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Had you been paying attention, you'd know that I dropped League Pass when Morey traded for Artest. The only reason I got League Pass was to watch the Rockets and I wasn't watching them with Artest. I haven't gotten it back again because of that. It had nothing to do with LOL at their failings at all because they are my hometown team - I reserve that pleasure for watching Mark Cuban screw up the Mavericks - which is why I know just how pathetic Eric Dampier is as a center.

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I approve of this. We need more fearful facial hair on this team.

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

probably Lewbrun

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

*cricket noises*
    How about the whole "It's a super expiring and is Dallas's best chance to grab another star which their fans have been excited for" part? The whole unguranteed part? I mean, Jesus, you really don't know how Dampier's EC is special compared to other ones? Getting Dampier for Jeffries would possibly the greatest heist of the last 20 years.

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

WE HAVE A BANDWAGON'R

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

No brainer trade for the rockets. A huge expiring if needed in a trade and possible to resign him after next season if his play works out. And Houston gets length and athletism on the frontcourt overnight. Rockets would be adding 7'6 Yao, 7'1 Chandler and from latter part of last season 6'10 Hill in the frontcourt. Scola, Patterson and Chuckypoo at the 4 with Hill rotating in the 4 as well. Whats not to like.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol @ chandler being another version of jj. you should watch basketball. it might help.

8. HillBoy

Itch? I believe you have me confused with DD. Anyway, I find it simply hilarious that yesterday everyone was crushed because Chris Bosh showed his hinney to Houston and now they are celebrating the possible acquisition of Tyson Chandler as being a game changer for the Rox.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Sold me, imagine a defensive front line of...

Yao
    Chandler
    Ariza

I like that a lot and like you said worst case we have an excellent asset to trade for an "ELITE" talent at the deadline.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How can anyone be upset with Tyson Chandler as a backup center? Do y'all not realize we started a 6-6 dude at C last year, and his backup was a jump shooting stiff? A center with size that rebounds and blocks shots, and won't cost us anything long-term?? Sign me up.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

For Jeffries, sure it would be stupid not to take that risk.

DD

12. devilsdandruff

pick and roll Chandler for Alley-Oooooop

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is a no brainer deal for the Rockets and to be against you'd have to be crazy or a boy from the hill.

Jeffries is a redundant part that has value to the team as a back of the bench guy but not much. He also has no value to you in a trade OTHER than as an expiring. You are basically dealing off something that has no value to anyone beyond some hustle minutes and an expiring contract for a piece that has value. Chandler has value as a backup center, a potential twin tower 4 when the situation calls for it, good hustle minutes, solid defense, legit size, AND a bigger expiring contract.

There is no lose in this potential swap. The only thing you could argue is that it's a lateral move in terms of talent, but at least you are moving the talent from a position you don't need it to one where you do.

1 person likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So the reason why you stopped watching the Rockets was because they had Artest on the team two years ago and you haven't "gotten it back" because they no longer have Artest? Or is it because you resent the Rockets for pulling a Randy Johnson-to-Astros move so much that you hate the entire team all together?

I, mean, you don't have to answer my question and I guess it's alright to harbor ill feelings to a person you have never met in your life. I'm just questioning the rationale of you refusing to stop watch your favorite team play because of a player they no longer have.

15. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they aren't entitled to their own set of facts. Have you ever seen these two guys play? Jeffries and Chandler are nothing alike.

This would be a great trade for the reasons already discussed here...

Backup center - check
    Length - check
    Shot blocking - check
    Another asset for a trade at the deadline - check
    Improved team defense - check

Hoping that this goes through...

16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

brother, i don't know you from adam, but i can detect a twitchy nervous wreck from here to there. smoke a doob or something francis.

1 person likes this.
  17. HillBoy

How true! Why, that's what Mark Cuban has been saying all along! If only the rest of the world could see Damp as he does...

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sorry food coma got the best of me.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well if you have a chance to trade a player that's probably going to be leaving anyways for $17 million in expiring contracts and some young, cheap players plus picks... wouldn't you do it?

You'd still get $17 million off the books next offseason, but you'd also get some young players, picks, and improve your draft position as well. Sounds like something a team would be looking to do if they felt their star player was leaving anyways.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

And I forgot to add that the rockets defense would easily be top 5 again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.