1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Possible multiple team deal bringing Tyson Chandler to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

LOL @HillBoy's blown gasket.

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Easy stuff here guys. C'mon.

Rockets biggest need: Size

Guy not in the rotation: Jefferies

Its not Rocket science

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why do people think that Eric Dampier is a bad player? He's got good size and strength, he converts at a very high percentage from the field, and he's a plus rebounder and shot-blocker. Solid post defender. He fouls a lot and he has bad hands, but amongst NBA centers in the league he is above average.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Isn't center all he plays?
    And NO ONE IS CLAIMING HE'S THAT GOOD. God knows, your goal is to whine all the time, but we're giving up JEFFRIES for him. JARED. JEFFRIES, aka "nothing." Chandler is better then freaking nothing, and do you honestly freaking think we're going to get someone better for JARED JEFFRIES?

It's just dude.. you're hilarious.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Have you ever seen jared jeffries play?

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't really understand the injury-prone tag - looks like he missed about 30-35 games the past two years, but the 4 years before that, he hardly missed any. And if he's in a contract year, he should be extra motivated to produce.

1 person likes this.
  7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Excuse me if I don't buy into the premise that getting a so-called player (and I loosely use the term player with regards to Tyson Chandler) for nothing really means that you wind up with something. If replacing Jeffries (who is nothing) with Chandler (also nothing) translates into something that excites the folks here then party on dude. But like I said, if they were looking for another big stiff, Dampier is available AND I'll bet Donnie Nelson would take back Andersen because he just luvs foreign players.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yao's a 25mpg guy now, Chandler's a 20mpg player. So for 30 million dollars we can have almost one full center!

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I also love this because Chandler can back up Yao but ALSO play next to him, like Cato used to. 2 7 footers in at a time would be nice to see.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

HillBoy accusing someone else of judging a player without watching them play is one of the more hilariously ironic things I've seen on this board.

11. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Ill take Chandler over JJ anyday he's a shot blocking and rebounding fool when healthy. Which as of late isn't often. But he's young and still an upgrade over JJ. Plus I think he has a big expiring contract coming up this season or next.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Does anyone know if he can still run? I'm in favor of getting him either way, but it'd be nice to have a 7-footer who can do some damage on the break.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well the past 2 years he has certainly been injury prone and it has clearly hurt his production.

bum ankle and foot last year...this guy is a yao injury copycat. ;)

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm starting to wonder if you actually know how big of a trade chip Dampier is given how much you reference him. You DO know about his contract, right?

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That would be our answer to the Bynum and Gasol front-line. And Chandler runs the court pretty well (at least, he used to). So the Rockets would be able to play a half-court and transition style.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah but we are trying to win a championship.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Pretty much the one stupid sentence he had a few years back, your right, guy is a serviceable backup.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No, I haven't blown up but now I may just go and get NBA League Pass so I can sit back and LOL at Chandler trying play center. He can take the place currently occupied by Eric Dampier.

19. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I know this is kind of off topic but your sig, leebigez, I think he won the bet?

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

So who do you like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.