1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy to miss All Star game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ebu, Feb 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ebu

ebu Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

^^^Yes, hello Ellis. One more guard pulls out and Brooks may have a shot.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

meh, Ellis is putting up his numbers on one of the absolute worst teams in the NBA. Idk how they are gonna shuffle the positions around but he should be replaced by Brooks, Kaman, Gay, or I suppose Ellis as a 4th option.

4. ebu

ebu Member

true they are one of the worst, but its still up to the team they are playing to stop ellis and they have not been succesfull judging from the numbers he is putting up

take the rockets/warriors game for example..i think at one point he had 24 of their first 44 points in the game..he was scoring at will...

thats just what i think..but if brooks does deserve it also if they put in billups..so we'll see

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bynum, Ellis, or Kaman?

SpearsNBAYahoo: Portland's B Roy sidelined through All-Star Game with rt hamstring strain. Will his replacement be LAL's Bynum, GS Ellis or LAC Kaman?

Still probably go with Ellis. Maybe Kaman.

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

AB for replacement baby!

Not happening, but he is having a great season for a number 26 draft pick.

7. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

ellis was the 40th :rolleyes:

8. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Ellis is putting up good numbers on a bad team. They already said coaches don't pick people who put up good numbers on a bad team. I'd be disappointed if he made it, Brooks, Kaman, and Gay deserve to be their instead of him.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I love Brooks, and love my Rockets as much as the next guy. In an All Star game where Deron Williams is going for the FIRST time, and they already have Deron, Nash and Billups at PG and other positions to consider, I still dont see Brooks getting in....
    :confused:

For the next PG spot, it'd be between
    Monta Ellis*
    Brooks
    Tyreke Evans*
    Tony Parker
    Russell Westbrook
    Baron Davis

asterisk* guys not true point guards but who'd they put there for the game

10. jskogsberg

jskogsberg Member

russell westbrook's 3 last games is impressive..

R A S P
    7 10 8 21
    8 10 1 26
    9 9 2 12

i say westbrook, he can do some crazy dunks to!!

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hopefully, Aaron's recent 34 point performance will be enough to tip the scales in his favor. :)

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

If they are going by recent performances then Monta Ellis had 46 the other night. ;)

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Billups was out for the Utah game theres a good chance that he will skip the All-Star Game....potentially opening up two spots at the guard, for the reserves...(Brooks & Ellis potentially)

--RB

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

amare-pau
    duncan-dirk-randolph
    melo-durant
    kobe
    nash-williams-billups

they've got enough bigs and enough PG's. so forget brooks or kaman.

they will look for a swingman, and they will start looking at the top of the standings (so forget ellis).

my guess: rudy gay :eek:

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Actually, opposing teams are LETTING Ellis get his points going one-on-one, choosing instead to shut off the other four scorers on the Warriors.

Rick Adelman, in perhaps my favorite post-game press conference moment of the season, actually referred to that strategy as the "Rope a Dope".

I swear, I almost pissed my pants when I heard him say that.

Ellis is not an All-Star. At least not based on his performance this season, quickly becoming the league's biggest ball-hog.

I'd take Aaron Brooks, Rudy Gay or Chris Kaman over Ellis.

FYI, the West All-Stars don't have a single player from a losing team. That gives the edge to Brooks over Ellis. If I were Stern, I'd put in either Brooks or Gay.

16. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I think Ellis should replace him. This guy is a good player, and he is also very fun to watch. A very deserving All-Star.

17. nolimitnp

I don't like the idea of rookies in the All-Star game. Let them play in the rookie-sophomore game and show off their skills by going for 30+. That's more fun than them getting 2 points in 8 minutes in the bigger game.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

comeon guys, every +.500 team has/had at least 1 all star player nominated this year except us...lakes, celtics, magic, cavs, mavs, hawks, nugs, spurs, jazz, thunder, hornets (had), blazers (had), grizzlies, heat, bobcats, suns, raptors, bulls

where is ours? we have very identical (if not better) records to almost half those teams and Brooks has been carrying this team (with Landry). the warriors are just plain terrible also with one of the worst records.

19. nolimitnp

They interviewed him Thursday on TNT and he said he'd be back last night (Saturday). Now its after the All-Star game? Maybe its more serious than we think. I'm gonna be a little upset if we end up making the playoffs by default as an 8th seed. If we're getting in, I at least want a chance to make some noise. Playing the Lakers, we're like a 4 pump chump. 4 and we're out.

20. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Looking at last nights box score you would think Stern would be leaning towards brooks?

Ellis - 40 mins 6-22 FG 2-5 3pt FG 1-2 FT +/- -12 3 rebounds 6 assists 4 fouls 2 steals 7 turnovers 15 pts

Brooks - 43 mins 11-25 FG 6-11 3pt FG 6-7 FTs +/- -14 2 rebounds 4 assists 3 fouls 0 steals 2 turnovers 34 pts