1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Tired of These Cameo Roles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 24, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

See that is just stupid...who said that?

No one wants anyone to fail at anything wearing the colors....

But, when they DO fail, some of us are going to call them on it......

But, I don't expect you to understand, that would take complexity of thought.

DD

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DUDE! How did I not make the Hater List!
    I'm insulted!

Rocket River
    ;)

3. rockets_fanatic

You can insult me as much as you like. I know this game very well and can see Tracy's flaws as well as what makes him great.

You enjoy Tracy failing, because it makes your biased views look correct.

You and Dave are the worst of all of them.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

If you think Tracy is the answer than you don't know squat about the game of basketball....check that....the game of WINNING basketball.

And as long as you have a list rookie, you earn zero respect.....

DD

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

(In his defense, his tone was not at all whining and he repeatedly said that he endorsed the plan to limit his minutes thus far and remains good with that. His comments about more playing time were about the games to come, not last night or other games so far. Joey Dorsey, however, would like playing time determined by feats of strength. -- Jonathan)

again, people (fanhouse for example) twisting his words and running away with it.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

ASSUMING, it is the same interview that Feigen was involved in......a big assumption by the T-bunnies who run to Feigen for every answer they can get like what he says is gospel, when he is busy riding the team plane and not saying anything that the organization doesn't want to get out.

DD

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I don't think anyone wants to see someone fail in a Rockets uniform, but you would have to consider the Yao/T-Mac experiment as possibly being a failure in itself. That's why people are ready to move on.

8. t_mac1

you're just getting ridiculous. it's the same EXACT quotes from the FSN interview + NBA.com quotes. it's nice if you actually know what's going on rather than just feeding into whatever is posted, accurate or not.

you think tracy has the damn time to sit down with fanhouse and give an exclusive? why not ESPN? and it was proven that fanhouse manipulated the quotes. the cameo quote was from a reporter's question on NBA.com.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't know what his tone was, but those words are telling (especially the contract year part). He's going to fight his way back, perform pretty well either with us or elsewhere, and then if somebody gives him a decent contract he'll be the same old T-mac.

I was just thinking last night as I watched him how maybe he could really help this team if he behaves. The guy is just a spoiled ex-superstar.

Tracy- if you stop giving the media ammo like this, they won't be able to make you look bad.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sure he does. He has plenty of free time. Remember, he's only playing 8 minutes per game.

11. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Preach on!!

12. rockets_fanatic

29 teams fail every year. Is it Yao and Tracy's fault? To some degree it is because they are injured. It is also coaches fault, an the fault of other players.

Just read DD's last post. Another person rights about how McGrady's words were twisted and he doubts it. Some journo writes bad about Racy and he believes it, but when it is positive he doubts it.

DD wants Tracy to fails. He likes it.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Some of you are being absolutely absurd. If any journalist - much less one with the credibility of the author, who was an Orlando Sentinel beat writer at one point - were to fabricate quotes, they'd be out of a job and out of the business for the rest of their lives. Immediately.

There are tons of interviews and follow-up questions at a typical NBA game. For example, typical Rockets post-game session at Toyota Center - the FSN crew will come in, ask the first 2-3 questions, and film for a couple of minutes to fill the post-game slot. Then, there will be follow-ups and secondary sessions (without FSN) that go on for 15-20 minutes in some cases! Most players are very good about giving 1-on-1 time to a reporter, if that reporter wants it.

I don't know what happened last night, but to believe that a quote didn't happen because it wasn't in the FSN clip is just completely ridiculous. What FSN shows you on a given night is often about 5% or less of what the player actually had to say, by the time he finishes with all the follow-ups and all the media outlets. Now, the author may have had an agenda, and quotes have a way of appearing worse in print than if you hear them out loud. This is true. But I would pretty much be willing to bet my entire life savings, to anyone, that if the quotes are in the article, he said them.

1 person likes this.
  14. raj87

raj87 Member

Certainly you would take the word of the Houston Chronicle's Rockets beat writer, over the word of a web address called fanhouse.com, which is possible operated by dickheads.

15. t_mac1

ok, go to NBA.com. it gives quotes that a player says in his entire postgame (along with coaches) on both sides. and it also tells you what the question is.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/coldshooting_rockets_fall_sho_2009_12_23.html

notice how detail it is. and it correlates 100% with the FSN interview.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This crap is so old, it reminds me of one of my ex girlfriends who had a different mood every day. One day she loathed me, the next day was totally in love. The McGrady hate brigade needs to grab a beer and just relax. It is downright laughable that complex in depth analysis can be offered for every single possession he sniffs the court, while Ariza gets a free pass for Rafer esque basketball.

I legitimately feel bad for the guy, having to deal with fans just looking for something to crucify him for and the media using him to stir up site hits.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, it is too much to ask that he actually hustle for his $23 million dollar salary.

I mean, entitlement is so much better.

SHEESH !

DD

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THat article was such crap. It's clear the writer interested a few words here and there and completely made it like T-mac was complaining. The video and other article completely contradict this writer.

And for the guys who say letting t-mac expire would prevent us from getting a $12 million dollar player because we'd only have $7 million of cap space - WRONG.

I love how they forget to mention "Sign and Trade" as an option.

If you are going to fry T-mac, do it based on what he actually says in interviews and does on the court, not based on this b.s.article or on some b.s. theory about him.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Damm DD o_O How many posts have you made since the loss to Orlando? It's not healthy stuff. Are you trying to hit 60k today?

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You have completely lost it, torch bearer. I think you are actually starting to believe your own propaganda.