1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wafer has just resigned with the Rox

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Dec 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually I don't think that is true, I recall that he had an issue early with the coach etc.....but he put his head down and got to work.

It is a different game and culture.

It didn't work out for Von, so what? We got him back for a reasonable contract.

MORE ASSETS = BETTER CHANCE AT LANDING A SUPERSTAR PLAYER.

And you guys still holding on to his little tiff with Adelman? Get over it, he played the next game....

Adelman obviously was ok with this signing....

DD

2. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Just remember this guys....if Von was THAT great...Daryl would have never let him go in the first place.....and I didn't hear of the NBA knocking on his door. He played in Europe...that says something about him.

BUT..he was a helluva spark off the bench at times and seemed to fit in well with Adelman's scheme...as long as he keeps his head on straight.

All in all..I'm thrilled to have him back and was upset when he left.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

*cough* Saving face! *cough* Saving face!

This from the same franchise that let Allen Iverson go "take care of some personal issues........really; TRULY....."

"It's true that one of the pilots is ill. SLIGHTLY ill. But the other pilots are just fine and free to lead a life of religious fulfilment...." (see also, Airplane!)

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

very excited about the prospect of lowry and wafer charging down the court after defensive rebounds.

as far as wafer's attitude last year - this is a different team. Battier, Hayes, and I believe Brooks as well, will pull wafer aside long before RA has to. If they can rein in McGrady (so far so good), they can manage Wafer.

i doubt DM has a specific plan for a trade just yet. For now, let's see how these players fit together. Taylor gets experience in the DLeague, McGrady doesn't get rushed back, and maybe, just maybe, Ariza gets more playing time at the 3. I think so much of his sloppy ball handling/shooting comes from him playing in the wrong position.

and eventually, we bite the bullet and say goodbye to a couple of these hardworkers in a package with McGrady for an all-star. Dynasty ensues.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

No team uses Europe as well as we do. Lol. This was all part of the master plan. But man are we accruing assets now, the next one will have to be at the expense of a roster spot/guaranteed contract since we're at the limit. Unless it's a trade...what is the loom telling you Morey?! What gigantic Voltron-bot are we going to form with all our tinier-but-still-very shiny mini Voltron-bots?

6. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

He failed his physical

1 person likes this.
  7. DaDakota

Not a funny joke man.

I believe his physical is tomorrow.

DD

8. rox81

rox81 Member

So they listened to me, after all. Three days ago I joked on this forum that the Rox need to re-sign V-Dub after he was cut by his Greek team. I can't believe Morey actually listened! ;)

Coincidentally, I ran into Morey at the Galleria about two weeks ago. By "ran into", I mean I saw him walking in, he saw me do a double-take, and then he kept walking and talking on his cell phone. Then, just before he entered the mall, he turned one last time to see if I was still looking.

I guess Morey doesn't get spotted in public often. He sits in the sixth row behind the Rox bench at every game, not far from me, and so far I've only seen one person ever go up to him (and that was a very drunk Vietnamese teenager). Maybe people leave him alone out of respect for him, but I'm guessing ol' DM the GM is pretty invisible.

After the OKC game in November I said to him as he walked by, "Get us Bosh!" and he laughed.

9. raj87

raj87 Member

*raj looks into his crystal ball*

Look for Tracy McGrady repeatedly delivering expedited passes to a cutting Von Wafer, who finishes the plays with a myriad of highlight reel slamdunks.

After the trading of Trevor Ariza for Marcin Gortat, all of us will witness the dismantling of the Boston Celtics in 5 games.

10. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

NBA Player association is issuing a notification to all players : don't screw with Morey. :grin:

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty much. Dump battier and tracy and let the young guys duke it out and see who comes up breathing. I'm not sure they could land a "superstar" , but i would just like the chance to get in thte mix this offseason. As long as battier and his 7m are on the books, its not happening. The jazz traded maynor and harpring for lux tax purposes, so that how the business wheel is turning.I don't care about a win or 2 battier or tracy will help with, its about the future. Just a question DD, if you had the chance to trade ariza for gay, would you do it?

12. DaDakota

So fast your head would be spinning.

DD

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

So he might've failed his physical?

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

damn im surprised but excited welcome back wafer

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

May be true

16. DaDakota

Why would you say that? I believe Berman over an anonymous post on a message baord, I went back and looked up his other posts, no history of insider info there.

But, you never know, if it is a joke, he should be given a time out........

DD

17. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Misleading post. They play in 3 leagues not just 1. Greek Cup, Greek League, and Euroleague. You are acting as if he only played in 3 games, which is untrue. He played in about 7 or 8 and was atrocious.

18. hans

hans Member

to bad von failed physical

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member