1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 103, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2009.

1. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I wish I can be on the court.

Aaron should've not passed up the last possession, he should've shot it!

Sometimes in the end, you should be decisive, not hesitant.

2. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

he is much more of a go to guy than Ariza, or any one else on our team. He prob still knows how to dribble a basketball... ;)

3. alcatrazpsycho

Well... at least Jermaine Taylor stepped up his game right? :D

4. A bezzy

A bezzy Member

Jst leaving the Game and almost fought these F'n fakers fans. Brooks has to bounce back from these type of games. :mad:

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Missed some free throws and AB needs to know that he can call a timeout if he gets trapped. Happened twice and each time he tried to force something that wasn't there.

Overall though I'm content with this loss. Kobe was a beast and he showed that working with Olajuwon during the summer paid off. Those were some sick turnaround moves he displayed tonight.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He is young mate. He will learn. One day we will look back as fans and realize how these types of games helped Brooks become a better player. I'm glad Rick had the confidence to keep him in there even with all the mistakes he kept on making.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Outside of Landry being benched for 8 minutes from the 4th to OT, I am surprised we did not see Jermaine Taylor spell Battier, Brooks or Ariza. Getting the guy into the game for 2 minutes isn't that difficult when those three guys are playing 35+ minutes...actually 40+ in this case.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Outside of Ariza, we actually shot the ball very well.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One thing is for sure.

THANK GOD ARIZA HIT THE 3 FOR OT.

If We had to live with Ron Burning us to win the game I would have puked all night.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks... more self-control please?

It's common sense that if you are in a slump. You typically only shoot good shots right? Also, your confidence goes way down and you typically handle the ball less, pass the ball away, defer, and just play safe basketball right?

Well, Aaron Brooks isn't the typical basketball player. He is an outright moron... Thanks for costing us a huge game Aaron. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm not blaming him for missing shots. That happened to Ariza as well, but when you start forcing it, reaching in carelessly, commiting bad fouls, turning the ball over 7 TIMES[/b]. I mean, I would have expected him to stop being so damn reckless on the court eventually...

Self-control. It's the one thing that is holding him back. If you can't score, get assists, get steals, play good defense. Very rarely does an offensive player do bad in all aspects of the game.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Had we played Landry earlier in the 4th and in OT we would have won this game.

He had 20 points and was 9-12 from the field. No one was stopping him for the Lakers.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No, we didn't. At least, not down the stretch... too many wide open shots that we usually make, were missed...

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

We should have won, we dominated most of the game and our largest defecit was 2. But that last possesion was something else. Brooks dribbled alot tonight and didn't have his best game...all in all i was pleased wit hour performance. we are going to be in the mix all year.

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JT is not ready. He needs time possibly d-league.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Huge game?

It's the fifth game of the season.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1 game where he has turnovers and this thread?

He was trapped all night. The Lakers knew no one else could dribble on this team, they just swarmed him all night.

17. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

P.S. - More self control in which threads you create.

18. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

agreed. normally i'd be pissed for a longgg time, but im getting over it already, its still early in the season, we are still a brand new team. chill out. everybody

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

thank God for Mods.

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I laugh how so many of us hate Ariza for shooting a lot. He was our leading scorer on this team and Ric doesn't look like he has an issues with Ariza shooting the ball.

IF Ariza stopped shooting, we wouldn't even be in OT.

AB trapped
    Landry on the Bench
    Scola dealing with Bynum and Odom in the paint

Who is going to shoot the ball? Shane? Cook? Lowry on the bench?

Ric wanted Ariza to shoot, because he has been our leading scorer on this team.