1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tea Bagger Halloween Costume

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 1, 2009.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thread about the Dallas Cowboy cheerleader who put on blackface to be Lil Wayne for Halloween reminded me that some people were offended by my Halloween costume.

For Halloween I made a sign that said "No Obamacare!" and "I Love Glenn Beck!" with a heart as the dot on the exclamation mark. I pinned a teabag to my shirt and then carried a pellet gun that looks a lot like rifle that the guy carried at the townhall protests in Az. At the party I was at a few people thought it was pretty funny while a lot didn't get it but a couple fo people got offended by it. Keep in mind the politics of the majority of the people were very liberal so they weren't offended that I was making fun of Tea partiers but they didn't even like that I would even have a costume with that message.

So would posters find something like that offensive as a Halloween costume because you either don't agree with the politics of tea baggers of if you agree with their politics you find it offensive as mocking?

Also given does Halloween give one a break to dress or act in a way that normally is considered offensive?

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

^Yeah, people who need help are "lazy." You suck as a Christian.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

There are examples of those who just do not want to work. I had one in my own family. The notion that all, or even most, of those that require assistance are there by choice is preposterous. I would surmise that those who just do not want to work are few and far between.

I really wish that people would stop just using assumptions. We would all be better off.

5. trugoy

trugoy Member

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Nice!

Looks like my thread has been derailed but rereading my muddled initial post it probably is a good thing.

7. Landlord Landry

bizarre.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I like costumes that make social commentary.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Again with the name calling and personal attacks.

10. Fatty FatBastard

Actually, both comics are pretty humorous hyperbole.

BJ can't take a joke.

Ever...

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Good post. I agree.

The one about the Republicans is pretty funny too.

12. Batman Jones

Fatty learned a new word. That's precious.

I tell jokes for a living, old man. And I think every post you make is hilarious.

13. Batman Jones

Oh, you're a baby too. Good to know.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's awesome. What did the offended ones say to you?

15. aghast

aghast Member

Two variations, I think, that might have helped.

1. Had you painted yourself as a zombie Glenn Beck supporter, feeding on precious, precious Obamacare brains, you wouldn't have raised as many eyebrows, and your satiric point would be more easily understood.

2. Obviously painted child's toy gun, e.g. a Super Soaker > a more photo-realistic pellet gun. At a Halloween party in which I am mingling with strangers, I would be a little put off if someone was toting around a pellet gun, if it in any way looked authentic (as a gun laws-supporting liberal, I might not know the difference). The introduction of any sort of firearms to a meet-and-greet (likely) fueled by alcohol just doesn't strike me as adding to the social lubricant.

16. cson

cson Contributing Member

I prefer costumes where you can see a boobie.

17. Fatty FatBastard

Lol. Again with the insults.

Keep it up.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I wonder what percentage of your posts include name calling or personal attacks. It would be interesting to see an analysis of that.

19. Batman Jones

It would be interesting too to see how many arguments you left on the table when you went poof. You may or may not be someone from this board's past, but you certainly fit the BBS conservative mold: make an outrageous argument, get refuted, play the victim, go poof.

Throwing elbows on one end and flopping on the other. No respect for your Jazz-style posting.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I doubt you want to see my boobies.