1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry: Rookie of the Year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Oct 5, 2009.

?

Stephen Curry in his prime...

1. Out of the league

3.6%
  2. Bench player

13.4%
  3. Starter

47.5%
  4. All Star

35.5%
  1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Gallo is not a rookie.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much... I think that is what the guy was thinking...

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Whoops, my bad. I thought he only played less than 10 games last season. In any case, there's a ton of players you will see emerge this season, seemingly from out of nowhere. Gallo will be one of them.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

They didn't win tonight. Sure both can score but teams are going to eat that backcourt alive especially if they have a big two guard that can score.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I reserve judgment until at least 3/4 of the season is done.

Let's say we had this poll when Yao played his first game..

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

By the way, not to derail this thread but if you insist on continuing this masquerade of quoting me in your signature about a point you are incapable of arguing against -- the very least you can do is quote me correctly. I said he is "the second coming of Mo Taylor right now". I'm sorry, but I can't go into threads seeing your typical one-liners like this while seeing me incorrectly quoted in your sig.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Brandon Jennings will win Rookie of the Year. He is the Real Deal.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree. I think he's better than Stephen Curry now and for the forseeable future. Plus, he's coached inifinitely better than Nelson (who should be thrown out of the Bay imho).

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

10. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Ronny you certainly were on the mark early as a number on this BBS have been. I have been a Steph fan from his first days at Davidson.

More to the point of the thread, for a long time people had already penciled in Tyreke Evans as rookie of the year. But Curry was Western Conference rookie of the month in January and has outplayed Evans so far in February. Might make an interesting race yet.

I know if I were drafting, I would take Curry first. He has an all around game, shooting, ball handling, passing, rebounding, steals, defending. His bball IQ is off the charts. He just needs more experience at point guard (this is only his second year playing that position) and would benefit from a more constructive environment than the circus that is GS.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Dunno where you're going with the 'bandwagon' label. I'd wager that a lot of us here have been watching Curry's progress for awhile now. It's not like he's some unknown commodity playing in an obscure market.

1 person likes this.
  12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

No doubt about that.

Good call, Ronny. I thought Curry was overrated coming in. I've caught a few of his games and he really is a more well-rounded player than I thought. His composure is amazing for a rookie. I knew he could shoot but I didn't think his court vision was as good as it appears to be.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I voted for all-star when this thread was created.

I didn't think he would be playing at this level so soon. The guy has been going off for my fantasy team.

People that voted bench player/out of the league couldn't see his perfect stroke from a mile away?

14. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

This.

I was watching the GS/Den game the other day, and Curry was fantastic.

Curry already has the shooting touch that rivals Nash/Williams. If he could work on his defense, and his passing a little more, he might be the best PG in the league.

15. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

^ Eh, that is in like, 2-3 years.

16. PeppermintCandy

Yeah, he may need a few seasons to put it all together, but he has the talent and court instinct to become real good. Like Jason Kidd good.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Dunno what the problem is with dunno.

18. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Darren Collison deserves to win the ROY, he's pretty much doing everything he possibly can to keep the hornets in the playoffs race right now. Tyreke's team is nowhere near the playoffs and neither is Steph Curry's.

19. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Tyreke Evans is the rookie of the year IMO.