1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone watching the D&D

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by pgabriel, Feb 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

D&D is a joke and openly racist. Its is a disgrace to the BBS.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

hispanic?

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The D&D has it's good and bad moments. I think things will go downhill for a while. The GARM has so many threads and so much garbage I hardly bother with it any more. For now, the NBA Forum and Hangout are the best places for me.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who thinks the GARM is better than the D & D in quality of posts hasn't seen the GARM in the past year.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is the truth. I'm trying to stick to the NBA forum until the end of the Rox season, sadly, and I'm going to try to stay out of D&D until late November or maybe never.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Sizzle Chest, I would like to personally extend to you an invitation to join in the intellectual dialogue occurring this very day in the D&D. I attended Bill Clinton's speech last night at Hofheinz and have some very important news to share. Details to follow soon.

7. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

I was there as well and got to shake hands with Bill.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't think it is fair to call glynch and No Worries trolls, just because their political views are asinine. ;) :D

9. B-Bob

It's very hard for me to resist him when he calls me Sizzle Chest, or even Sizzler. Luckily I'm booked with meetings the rest of the day.

This is my first birthday in 3 years without a root canal appointment, so I'm not going to mess it up with D&D. :)

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, happy birthday!

11. B-Bob

thanks much, Deck. It's good to be old. :)

And I ended up posting in the D&D today anyway. LOL. In the Belgrade embassy thread.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed. Both forums have different problems. The quality of the debate in D&D is suffering and will get worse as the campaign continues on. But the D&D has been a lot worse than it is now. The main problem with the GARM is too many threads. People have the idea that the way to get everyone to read their opinion on an existing issue to start a new thread. Too many stale, repetitive and knee-jerk threads have made the GARM into a vast unrecognizable wasteland.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I use the D&D to get supplant my daily news reading. Some of the racist remarks and personal attacks in there are a little entertaining, but it gets old after a while. That forum is still 100x easier than having to sift through all the garbage posts in the GARM though.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I agree. It's far superior than network nightly news. Almost as good as PBS's newshour and definitely more detailed for those who want to know more without sifting through various news sites.

But I admit if there was a news program with similar content it'd be on HBO after dark or Skinemax...

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You know what man? I'm kind of drunk righht. But **** that rhamanthus guy mna. **** HIM IN HIS OBAMA. I mean like who the **** he think he is? I would probably destroy his nutsack in a game of nutsack trample. I don't thin kthats a sport. But i would FUC KHIM UP> in that **** 1 on 1. Nobody can hol,d meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. YAY.

moestavebnrf912 = 10000000000000000
    hramdimantuhsi = =-0

HAHHAHAHA

You lose b****.

eat my poop.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Easy... you've no idea where that's been. :eek: :eek:

:D

17. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I think its time that the GARM be broken down into 1 or 2 subforums. Personally id do more forums, but I doubt Clutch would go through with that much change to the site.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clutch has to manage the amount of time he dedicates to Clutchfans. Adding forums would increase his burden, I think. My suggestion has been to get tough on people who start dumb/redundant/knee-jerk threads by zapping their thread-starting privileges for a long period of time. Another thing that should be punished is deliberately using misleading or goofy thread titles. A thread title should clearly reflect the subject of the opening post.

My other big peeve is thread hijackers, but the worst offenders don't seem like they post that much nowadays.

19. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Quoted to preserve the laughs forever.

:)

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I sometimes suspect that Deckard is really Bill Moyers.

Wouldn't that apply more to Hangout?