1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Mike Bibby available now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jingle77, Dec 20, 2007.

1. jingle77

jingle77 Member

Just curious.

We have to solve the PG problem; already spend a lot of money on PGs;
    Sac get Udrih; no hope in this season just on the rebuilding way;
    Bibby know how to run Princeton;

worth a shot?

If repeat, pls lock.

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

man, we're alright tha way we are.

all we need to do is hit our o[en shots and make our free throws. if we shoot 45% from tha field adn 75% from tha line, i guarantee you we're a significantly better team. all a trade would do is mess up tha chemistry

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Well, our chemistry is all messed up as is, IMO.

4. AAAproduction1

on the other hand bibby know RA's offense but then again so does bonzie and look where we are.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

mike bibby - 13.5 mill this year and 14.5 mill next year

shane and mike james make about 11-12 mill combined for this year and next, rafer makes about 1 mill less then Mike...those are the closest salary matches I see...Shane and Rafer for Mike Bibby, Sacramento would laugh at us...

6. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Does that count the 9000 Mike Bibby threads made over the past year? :D

7. yaorta

yaorta Member

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I didn't want to start a trade thread, but I've been thinking this today...

McGrady + (filler, whoever that is although the trade works without this)

for

Bibby + Salmons

Now I don't want to hi-jack the thread, so my explanation is in a spoiler...

Financially it might make sense for the Kings to groom Udrih as the new PG, making Bibby tradeable. As for Salmons, his minutes are drastically reduced when Kevin Martin (another young player they should focus on) is healthy, but when he gets time he is impressive. He's very versatile and is a true perimeter defender at 6'7", which are both things we lack in perimeter play.

The Kings might just do it for excitement factor and the hope that McGrady's fire is ignited with a change of scenery. They say if you get the best player in a deal you should usually go for it, and while Tracy has his moments (like he's having right now) he is still the best of those 3 players. I'm not saying I would do it if I were the Kings, but there is almost always a case for trying to get a superstar, especially with the Kings franchise itself as unstable as it is.

From the Rockets perspective, you're taking a chance that the current funk may not be permanent, but keeping McGrady (and his contract) around is taking a chance as well. When you look at the NBA these days, all the great teams can break you down off the dribble and disrupt the defenses rotation, but the Rockets fail to do that. On nights that they are, it's almost exclusively Tracy. Bibby and Salmons can both penetrate effectively and last time I checked it was harder to guard 2 slashers than 1. I just think Bibby and Salmons would be better for chemistry because I'm sure they would both concede that Yao is clearly "the man". You don't see a lot articles quoting the players from most of the best teams in the league debating who is their bread winner, because to the best teams and the best players, it doesn't matter.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong. :D

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

And I'll say for the 9001st time that Adelman left the Kings on bad terms and Bibby could be traded to any team in the NBA EXCEPT the Rockets. The Maloofs truly dislike Adelman. Let's lay the Bibby talk to rest and talk about something more realistic, like trading for Steve Nash.

14. blathersby

And you'd be completely correct. The same goes for Ron Artest. Does anything REALLY think Ron Artest wouldn't prefer to be in Houston alongside such greats as Rafer Alston and Steve Novak? But seriously, his favorite coach and a very close teammate are on this team. He'd also be on (I can't believe I'm saying this) a competitor. But the Maloofs really won't do a darn thing to help Adelman. Period.

And pfft. Your trades all suck. Mine is awesome.
    How to make the Rockets awesome
    Rockets starting 5:
    Steve Nash, Manu GinĂ³bili, Lebron James, Chuck Hayes, Tim Duncan
    Off the bench:
    Aaron Brooks, Steve Francis, Bonzi Wells, Shane Battier, Luis Scola

#14 blathersby, Dec 20, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Why would PHX do that? They would be crap after that trade...mine at least I think is plausible...

16. blathersby

Plausible? Ha. Why would Washington want to give up their carefully crafted chemistry (that's alliteration, Holmes)? You need finishers on a fast break team; they'd be getting 2 guys who can't finish (James and Battier), two guys who can't run a break (McGrady and Battier), and one guy who's always injured (McGrady). If I'm Ernie Grunfeld, I laugh heartily at that trade. Then, I cast Magic Missile.

17. blastaway

blastaway Member

Why can't Rick just write them a "Im sorry" card and then we trade for Artest and Bibby? We can give them Tmac and Rafer! :D

I think our starting lineup then with:

Bibby, Bonzi, Artest, Scola and Yao,

would be better than it could now. (of course Adelman would start Hayes and Luther over Bonzi and Scola :( :eek: and he might start Shane over Artest to show how much of an idiot he really is! :mad: )

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Trading McGrady for Bibby would be beyond foolish for those of you suggesting any preposterous trades. Just to clear that up.

19. rocket3forlife2

I'm glad your not our GM we would be screwed

20. edlove75

edlove75 Member

Dawg your statement is way off. Are you that blind to the fact our role players suck??? :confused: If it were that easy then we'd all be rich would'nt we?(just work and get rich) :rolleyes: "all we need to do is hit our open shots".... come on man! Our role players are not good enough to knock open shots. They are one dimensional. We need a change now, or just look forward to next year because it ain't happenin with this current roster!

We will continue to lose because of our ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!