1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Iranian President be Allowed to Visit Ground Zero?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewYorker, Sep 19, 2007.

1. underoverup

underoverup Member

you're crazy ! you totally lied about what race you were. :rolleyes:

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I think the principles of this country are strong enough to withstand a visit from this guy. I think the memory of 9-11 and the costs associated with that event are strong enough to withstand a visit from this guy. I think New York's strong enough to withstand a visit from this guy.

What NewYorker's demonstrating is the essence of our foreign policy during this administration... 3rd grade retribution for imagined insults or petty slights. With little effort, it seems like anyone can goad the US into some kind of over-reaction that causes more trouble down the line.

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

The hilarious part is that you don't even question the A-hole who called me a whitey and didn't believe I was Indian. I played along with him and you come after me? That's how I know you're a joke and really it's more about proving yourself and putting others down. The fact that you dig this up every other debate shows that you are more about labeling people something and claiming whatever about them.

I said I was Indian, and someone said I wasn't - so I played along. Now, it's too bad you all took that seriously, but I didn't lie about my race. When someone does something stupid and you play along, it's called satire. Get it?

Now if you are going to call me a liar for satire then you're a joke. So is anyone else. And I refuse to get dragged into your petty little hang-ups.

4. NewYorker

No, I'm not a New Yorker, I was just playing along. You see, I just wanted to get a reaction from you all.

I actually live in Houston.

Now...everyone is going to say I lie about where I lived :rolleyes:

5. JustWannaChill

Anyone with half a brain who has read that thread knows that you were not playing along. You were damn serious.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

When "NewYorker" lies, it's called "satire."

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My feelings are I just don't like a guy who goes around claiming the holocaust didn't happen visiting the 9/11 site. I truly don't think he cares about what happened that day. I think he cares more about creating incitement with his visit than he does about paying respects. If he can deny the holocaust, then he can just as well deny the events surrounding 9/11...even though evidence abounds for both as far as what happened.

It's not like the US and Iran are on friendly terms. The enemy's president visiting 9/11 is not something I am particularly fond of. That said...and given there is no construction or anything preventing him from going...then it is a free country and I wouldn't stop him from visiting just because I don't like him. I could see his visit as a possible charade with an alterior agenda, however, for the Iranian media to twist and bend into their own gain.

8. NewYorker

Sorry dude, hate to break it with you but for the 145th time. I state I was Indian in that thread. People said I was lying because how could an Indian defend macaca? Someone said I must be white. So I said, "Yeah, I am white, and was just playing yall".

That was sarcasm you idiot! You took it seriously and I kept playing along, I can't believe you think I'd lie about being Indian. Why on earth would I do that? I am Indian, and proud of it. I'd never deny it. But some a-hole says I'm white and I sarcastically reply and everyone says it's a lie?

Forget it, anyone who thinks I lied is a complete idiot and not worth my time.

9. NewYorker

He's a man who perpetuates the teaching of hate against America. He inspires others to do harm to us. He leads a gov't that teaches people to call us the great Satan and is an inspiration to those who believe in killing Americans.

To have him visit the site of a place where hate led to the death of many is a tradegy. He's not doing it to gain wisdom, he's doing it for his own nefarious purposes.

10. NewYorker

I'd like you to go to any family of a 9/11 victim and tell them you think it's 3rd grade retribution or petty of them to be against this man from going to ground zero. Then tell them they are over-reacting. And acting like a 3rd grader.

Maybe it's ok with you, but I'd suggest you might want to ask some people affected by it first before you hand out backstage passes to the enemy.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If only NewYorker didn't have me on ignore and could read his own words.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i thought 9/11 was a date and not a place?

unless...

[​IMG]

that would explain why they are trying to enrich uranium!

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

iran had nothing to do with 9/11.

how would you feel about a saudi prince going to visit the wtc?

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe NewYorker disrespected the Indian race so lasciviously by lying about his true heritage.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New Yorker, I didn't bring up anybody else in that thread because they weren't relevant to the conversation going on here.

I will once again forward your own quotes via the diligence of gifford. Maybe you are misremembering what went on, or you are distorting it now, to try and get out of what you actually did. But here is what you said.
    You were an admitted liar at that point, though now you whistle a different tune.

Like I said my initial post wasn't to insult you, and I used your own words and posts on this board. I was merely trying to show how your actions might lessen the importance I place on certain posts of yours.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think NewYorker needs a timeout.

17. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Disclaimer: I don't claim to represent anyone besides myself [/end disclaimer].

However, as someone who falls within 'people affected by it' (firsthand) I'd like to say that I agree with Rimrocker wholeheartedly on this issue.

18. NewYorker

Once again you pretend to take the high road when really your objective is shamelessly to defame someone and just label them a liar so you can dismiss them in every debate. What slime you have, and gifford as well if he is going back two years to try to find a way to dominate someone he couldn't have a respectful discussion with.

I said I was white as a sarcastic reply to someone calling me white...because they were so ridiculously small minded they could see how an Indian person would not be offended by macaca. So what did the rat pack do - they questioned my heritage. I'll admit I wasn't privy to the types of low lifes on this board and I sarcastically said i was white. ANd people started calling me a liar and taking it seriously that I was freaked out by how obsessed and insane some people are on here. It became so serious that what started as a joke I couldn't go back and everyone was posting flaming comments.

I never lied - I made a sarcastic remark that got people ran away with. I didn't correct them because I did just want it to go away and have my race left out - i did want my annonymity. I don't think that's lying and I rescind that.

I learned a valuable lesson though. I learned that people don't care about the truth really - what they care about is taking whatever they can out of context so they can slime people they disagree with. They get a morbid pleasure. And they will use whatever they can to discredit someone even years later. It actually taught me to be more-openminded - and able to change my mind more fluidity - because I see how flawed and rigid many of the people on here are. So I thank you and the others who continue to make up a crazy reality in order to make themselves feel better and then go on and slime others.

But one thing people should never tolerate - it's those who try to assisinate their character for their own game. That's what this fool of Iran is doing. He's trying to capitalize on something to show to the world he's gracious when he has mocked us and laughed about 9/11. You want to show him the red carpet - maybe because you are a muslim? That's the same sort of thinking that people applied when they said I must be white to defend senator allen. I defended him because he's done more for Indians then any of you prickes.

So to you and and your lover gifford, go screw yourselves. Welcome to my ignore list pig.

#58 NewYorker, Sep 20, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Ah! The Ann Coulter syndrome.

20. NewYorker

go **** yourself