1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interview of Yao Ming on His Playoff Preparation/Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Apr 20, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

A very long interview by Wang Meng of Titan Sports with Yao Ming right after the game with Utah Jazz in the regular season, where Yao Ming spoke about his preparation and prior experiences of playoff.

Quite interesting read. Enjoy.

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Is that a real word? :p

Thanks for the interview.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

now i know why they don't run the yao-tmac pick and roll as much. that play was absolutely unstoppable v. the mavs.

cmon, utah is an average defensive team so we need to run this to death.

4. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao made a promise that Rockets will reach ??????........... :D

5. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Yao Ming's confident, Tracy's confident, the Rocket fans are confident...just watch us lose this series. :eek:

6. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Is he leaking some top secret to the media?

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

If you were referring to the pnr play between him and TMac, the Coach said the same thing to radio programme host. You can listen to that in a recent thread here.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"Very few Caucasian player is as physical as Matt Harping."

Translation: A whole lotta white cotton candies in the NBA.

LOL!!

Emergence of Yao.

Instead of people calling him soft, it is Yao who is calling out others.

#8 Zboy, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

pRyuen: Great Article! Thank You Y. :p

10. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Can't wait for those Yao-Tmac P&Rs we used to beat PHX!!!! I hope Yao is not over confident but even more I hope Tmac is not OVER confident!!

11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Wow. Yao sounds like he is ready to prove to every one that he is the best center in the league.

I'm anxious to see the Tracy and Yao PnRs that JVG has saved up for the playoffs. I noticed in the Suns game that it really freed up Yao down low for easy buckets. JVG is a genius for saving this play and not allowing other teams to prepare for it. I remember how unstoppable it was against the Mavs in round one 2 years ago. I hope we see more of the same tomorrow.

Great interview BTW. Thanks

12. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

He only talks about these with Chinese media, as usual. He also mentioned in the interview that the Jazz starters were very poor in the final regular season game. He and the reporter who interviewed him are practically pals. It's like half friendly chat half interview. Since no American media would bother hiring a translator to surf Chinese websites, Yao talks a bit more openly to Chinese media sometimes. For instance, in a interview early in the Yao T-mac partnership shortly after the McGrady-Francis trade, Yao told a Chinese website T-mac is more talented than Francis (Yao and Francis are great friends). Francis' pass to him is some times a bit low and he needed to reach down a bit. On the other hand, T-mac throws bullet passes right towards his chest, which is much easier to catch.

13. T-macming

T-macming Member

IMO you have to expect to win, let it all hang out and have the mentality that you will not let yourself lose. If we are going to survive we HAVE to be confident.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yao must like beer, this isn't the first time i've heard him mention it. :)

good interview though, he sounds ready and confident. i love the fact that against any team in the league at almost any time, we have the 2 very best players on the court.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Thanks, this was a very candid and good interview. I felt as if Yao and the reporter were in my room talking to each other.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who doesn't? :)

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

It's ok as long as Yao does not PUI.

18. rocketscience84

for some reason doesnt seem like yao really talking....seems to witty for even yao

19. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

great interview!! thanks! can't wait for the playoffs and i'm counting on my dad and clutchfans to tell me every detail since i can't watch the game from here in Nigeria. but the last time i was out of the country for the playoffs was the 1994 year we won it all!!!!!!!!! i hope we make it to the second round so i can see some games in houston!! hang in there for me!!!!

:)

20. maitredebwx

maitredebwx Member

I'm more interested with the Yao & T-mac PnR. It sounds great.