1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN.COM] Amare Contemplated Retirement

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nice Rollin, Oct 11, 2006.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

damn you have issues man. there were a ton of other people who thought that crossover was funny. do they all hate yao? and just cause amare said it was one of the funniest things he saw from his rookie year then that means he wants yao to fail?

yeah amare is cocky and he thinks he is better than yao but it doesn't mean he wants yao to fail.

go live in your fantasy world.

2. JD317

JD317 Member

now its us laughing at his. he sounds all depressed in that espn article

"i thought i would never come back and I'm only 23, its very difficult".

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

First of all, he did not say it was the funniest moment, he said it was the best moment.

Secondly, he did not just laugh at the incident. He did not let out a hearty chuckle or guffaw. He rolled around on the bench in complete hysteria for what seemed like minutes. They cut back to him several times after it occured, and he continued to animatedly roll around on top of his teammates. I interpreted his actions as attempting to show Yao up, and obviously I'm not the only one. Bringing it up at the end of the season further indicates that that was his intent.

4. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Even though it is wrong, I do feel a lil bit giddy inside to see amare in his current state now. His arrogance, or maybe just way he smirks just pisses me off.

I am just a hater I guess.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

get well Amare.
    get well Yao.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That was 4 years ago. Look at where Yao is now. Has Amare said anything else during that time?

People know how to keep grudges....

7. noize

noize Contributing Member

Hate him or not, I still wanted him healthy to battle with Yao for many yrs to come.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Well, there still appears to be confusion of "funny" with "favorite."

9. compucomp

compucomp Member

Another article:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=76845&source=rss&dest=STY-76845

If you think he's humbled.... think again. He's still the same arrogant ass we've come to know.

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

That is not very good news if you are an Amare lover.

As they say, character matters ...

#90 wnes, Oct 18, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Judging from that article he screwed the Suns in a royal way when he signed that contract.

Looks like Robert Sarver is still pissed off about it.

Sarver is another moron though so I dont feel sorry for him.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

that's disappointing to see...not much else you can say about that. it makes you realize how lucky we are to have a guy like yao.

13. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Agreed although is foot issues are starting to concern me a bit :(

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm sure they have ins. to help defray the costs of his contract, but he does take up a roster spot...The Suns are still good w/o him, but would be better if he were 100%, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen...

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

how so?

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Frustration of Sarvar. Looks like Sarvar is a whole lotta pissed he got fleeced by Amare. First he screws them over financially, not he is being a punk and not giving 100% for a comeback.

Amare knew he had knee pains. How convinient that the knee be examined right after a multi-million dollar contract was signed. Microfracture...chronic artheritis....

Of course I dont blame him for doing so. He would be stupid to pass up on the offer of millions and take a full exam before signing the contract.

Robert Sarvar's claims that the Suns knew about the problem before hand makes the Suns organization look even more stupid.