1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ehhh.... mavs fans at TC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krnxsnoopy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

watching the game right now and you could hear the consistent cheers after mavs score(which is alot). whats all those mavs fans doing in OUR house?? i dont care how rich they are or what kind of connections they have, its gotta be recognized they're in foreign territory. they should be thinking twice before they show up, let alone cheer in our grill.. honestly id rather hear excessive 'booing'(if ur unhappy, just show it) drowning out any noise by a mav fan... those cheers by mavs fans is just disgusting.. i understand that many dallas natives live in houston now and vice versa. however you wouldn't expect a whole lot of yankee fans at red sox games or the other way around.. i think that's a legit comparison. i say we as ROX fans need to step it up, we need to start selling out more and being loud at games... and those rich sleepyheads in the lower bowl need to go sleep upstairs..

#1 krnxsnoopy, Jan 18, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  2. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

or we could win some games :)

3. edc

edc Contributing Member

The Mavericks are well coached and entertaining, something desperately missing from Toyota Center of late...

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how well coached and entertaining they would be with 6 of their rotation guys out of the game... :confused:

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The Rockets are missing Mcgrady, Yao, Anderson, Swift, Sura, and Barry that is the equivalent of the Mavs missing Dirk, Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Dampier, and Stackhouse. If you think the Mavs would still be entertaining and well coached with all those players out, you are plain dumb. you should become a mavs fan, you twirp.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

even last year with all our players playing well...we had attendance problems. The people who came weren't loud either, we need more college kids AND change the offense to get the crowd more excited.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The mavericks aren't having injury problems. Soooooo they are winning.....sooooo their fans will come out and watch them.

If you don't win, don't expect a packed house to cheer you on.

8. edc

edc Contributing Member

Mr. Van Gundy said not to mention that.

9. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

No wins + No Yao and TMac + fairweather fans = empty seats, but Les still makes his money, at least in the lower bowl where the season ticket holders have already paid.....OUCH!

10. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

lowering the price of booze would liven it up

11. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

sorry, i just saw the other thread where people were already saying that. i wasn't trying to copy anyone or whatever.

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Anybody but you understands what he is doing when he says that. You don't ever give your players doubt that they are not good enough to get the job done. He believes in his guys and is not letting them for a second think they aren't good enough to win. It's the right thing to do. It doesn't take a lot of common sense to understand what he is doing.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Funny how people are just blaming the fans in Houston. How about most you yall out there?! We used to always be around 100 in the chat room, now sudenly we barely pass 20 (which takes 3 quarters to reach). And most of the chatters are out of town. It's simple, WIN or play in an empty stadium.

If this continues for much longer, and Yao and TMAC aren't back soon.......there might be more fans for the opposing teams than for the Rockets. (I know I know....I'm stretching)

14. madteds

madteds Contributing Member

Um, have you ever been to a Red Sox/Yankee game in the Bronx? If the Yankees are losing in the 9th inning, the Yankee fans are gone and the whole place feels like it's full Red Sox fans.

Apparently a lot of native Bostonians live in New York.

Just as a lot of Dallas folk live in Houston.

15. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

*Tosses in excuse*

I can't jump on irc.webmaster.com from work...or I'd be there...Dave would fire me though :p

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

Losing is what Mr. Van Gundy is doing.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

yeah i used to live in ny.. but i was always more of a mets fan.. actually more of a queens fan.. not big on baseball..

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He enjoys getting people riled up about JVG. Best to just ignore him and respond as little to his post like I have. He'll ignore facts and obvious things to make a point. :)

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

hell, its blocked, i tried to get in also :p, even through Java

btw, it was annoying as hell listening to Gene on my radio and hearing the Mavs fan cheering behind him. Everytime u hear cheering on the radio, you'd think that it was the Rockets making baskets, but wasn't.

as for attendence, put up or shut up literally. I can't make it to much games to manage my finances, I've made a total of 2 games this years, work at night Sun-Thurs, so thats my excuses. Hell, I've put alot of money on going to games the past 5 years and just can only make a few.

20. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

mets suck. that is all
    and btw, all the fans are leaving to go slash the tires of the red sox fans, there is a reason for everything.