1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com: Manny Ramirez asks to be traded from Red Sox

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by countingcrow, Jul 26, 2005.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB

According to SI's Tom Verducci, Manny Ramirez wants to be traded from the Boston Red Sox. Again.

Ramirez reportedly told team officials he is unhappy in Boston, particularly with his lack of privacy off the field. This would be the third time in four years that Ramirez has requested a trade. The report also states the Red Sox have no intention of moving him. This most likely is just another of one Manny's many mood swings.

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

[CNNSI.COM] Manny Ramirez asks to be traded

(CNNSI article requires you to be CNN Extra member so I couldn't read it)

I doubt the Astros would be interested but he is one hell of a hitter. His fielding sucks but left field at MMP is not a lot of distance to cover. He also makes a lot of money.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Death, taxes and a disgrunteld Man-Ram

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

they need to designate a day in the season when this guy asks to be traded...

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He makes $22,000,000, which is third in the who league behind A-Rod and Bonds, so you know the Astros won't be interested. He isn't worth the money.

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

If he does get traded (he won't), anyone want to bet he will end up with his lover on the Mets?

Cameron for Manny straight up? Maybe some prospects there too, but not like either team is getting much better.

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

If he's upset over lack of privacy off the field, I doubt that Manny would enjoy playing in NY. His personality is better suited to a mid-market team; unfortunately, he's got a salary that only the big boys could afford.

8. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

maybe the red Sox want Bagwell back

9. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

It's Manny, this is just how he is. It'll blow over, and he won't be traded.

10. MykTek

MykTek Member

man, could u imagine though...he is a pull hitter...if i remember right....those crawford boxes would be lit up every game.... hahaha

11. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

He'd be a better answer to Pujols than even was Beltran. What a series that would be our staff + Manny vs. The Cards.

WOW! :eek:

(now back to reality - he won't be traded)

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

in all seriousness..other than Pujols, himself, i'm not sure there's another player I'd rather see wearing an Astros uni. wow. but you're right..he ain't going anywhere.

13. payaso

payaso Member

His madcap defensive instincts in the outfield would be accentuated at the JuiceBox to the point where he'd have to have at least two bombs with men on, every single game. And he makes too much money unless Drayton can sell ad space on the programs to the Dept. of Defense.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

why? there's not much ground to cover in LF at MMP. manny ramirez is a freaking monster. he's a murderous hitter. one of the best of this generation. i'd love to have that guy in my lineup.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Boston would have to take on some of his contract no matter who he got traded to (even if it was the Yankees). In the end, I don't see any team taking him if they have to pay over 10-12 million... thus, while he may not be that affordable, he is cheaper than his current contract.

16. payaso

payaso Member

he'll never come out of the Crawford Box corner alive!!! :p

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How can he be concerned with his lack of privacy off the field, when he keeps telling us embarrassing details about his personal life!!! :eek:

18. Toast

Toast Member

Sure. Offer him the money Drayton was willing to offer Beltran, make the Red Sox eat the rest. I'm down.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

A bit of trivia...

A number of years ago the Astros balked at trading Pete Harnisch to the Indians for Manny Ramirez.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

D'OH!