1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Explosion in Manhattan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Sep 17, 2016.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So if someone calls me every day withing a certain time frame, and I get a call tomorrow about that same time, I am not supposed to anticipate that this person is calling me again?

Ever heard of the Pavlov's dog experiment? If so, why might I be mentioning that just now?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice way to rationalize bigotry

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You jump though hoops all you want but stereotyping is stereotyping.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm fighting the good fight of exposing these scum for Clutch to take action for the safety of our online community.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol you know somethings wrong here when people are more angry at people who, because of recent events, have assumed who might be the perpetrators of these bombings are.

Lets all turn a blind eye and do anything against terror until its right at our doorstep. Yup, keep insulting those who are just pointing out the obvious.

PC culture at its best.

1 person likes this.
  7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I bet my account it was muslims

8. sw847

sw847 Member

damn we got some angry people in this thread....we should firstly be happy no one died, and secondly pray for the injured and their families...

whether or not it is Muslims is not important...whoever did this is ****ed in the head...

what really pisses me off is that people are justifying killing civilians..no matter what your agenda is, whether its religious, political (even if it is to promote democracy), civilians should not be the target...

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You obviously don't even know what a bigot is. Let me help you.

Bigot: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group).

Not all Muslims are terrorists. But the vast majority of all terrorists are in fact Muslim.

Does this make all Muslims bad? No, not at all. But when we hear of a terrorist act, are we supposed to pretend that we have not noticed that it is usually the same group of people doing it?

That would be stupid, foolish beyond belief, and taken to an extreme, quite insane.

You people with your false accusations and name calling. You do it constantly and you do yourselves a great disservice every time that you do.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Stereotyping would be assuming that because most terrorism is committed by Muslims - which it is - that ALL Muslims are terrorists. That would be an absurd assumption, but fortunately it is not an assumption that is being made by anyone here as far as I can tell.

Paying attention to past actions, trends and patterns is not stereotyping. We do it when we watch sports constantly, for example. We expect that James Harden will probably score at least 20 points in every regular season game. Why?

Because he has consistently done so in the past.

Is that "stereotyping"? No, it is projecting past performance forward into the future. It is not accurate 100% of the time, but past performance is a more accurate indicator of future performance than any other that we know of.

It is also wired into us. You can jump through all the PC hoops that you want to, but we as humans all project past performance forward as a predictor of future performance and cannot help but do it, as that sort of evaluative approach is built into our minds.

The Pavlov's dog experiment scientifically proved it. Which might mean something to you if you respect carefully practiced experimental science using the scientific method, like I am. The left's PC nonsense does not trump any of that, however upsetting that might be for you guys.

11. TheresTheDagger

My goodness you love to throw around that "bigotry" accusation don't you?

Classic neo-progressive argument. Accuse anyone who doesn't follow their line of thinking of being a "bigot" in order to advance their cause. This is the type of tactic that works well in places like Russia, China, North Korea and Germany circa 1936.

Effective, but so very troubling..

1 person likes this.
  12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Because when white people do this ****, we don't call it terrorism.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It was called terrorism when Timothy McVeigh did it. By the way, the Tsarnaev brothers looked rather white to me.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wrong.

When in doubt, blame white people!

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"Our country is under attack with 3000 Americans dying and our president is reading a children's book to a bunch of kids"-Rocketslenged's logic extrapolated

16. Buck Turgidson

And Eric Rudolph, and the Unabomber....

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

NewYorker - can I do you a big personal favor? I'd like to save you time in your life. Instead of actually thinking about your responses to posts on here, let me offer you the below set of options that fully cover all of your answers to anything posted in the D&D.

1) You're a bigot!
    2) White privilege is to blame!
    3) You're a racist!

With this menu of three options, I have quickly and efficiently summarized all of your potential responses, so that you can just copy and paste, thereby saving you significant time. You're most welcome.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

$5 on the Italians.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I bet you could get good odds on Professor Plum in the lavatory with a pipe bomb.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you guys jump to the conclusion that Muslims committed this act - not even saying, it probably was ISIS, but you have people saying it was Muslims that shows bias.

You can justify and wrap your bias in whatever dressing you want, but it is bias. You are judging without the facts, and that my friend is what bigots do.

There is no cause, it is only my disgust with these views.