1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 80s, 90s, 00s NON MVPs Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LCAhmed, Jul 7, 2016.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

It's still pretty hot outside in Italy, unfortunately. Guess I can't tell between 90 and 100 lol. I had to stop at Frankfurt for the connecting flight and it was in the 70s there. Should have stayed :(

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Spent Erasmus in Italy and been to Florence and Venice. Venice was crowded as F and also flooded at one point, but still nice. Wouldn't spend more than one day there tho...

Florence is the most beautiful city I've ever been to, so many things to see and lovely countryside as well.

Not sure whether my FB links will work, here are some pictures I took (spoilered for size):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Nice! Yep pics work. Definitely looking forward to it

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Nice! Now i want to go to Florence too. :)

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Definitely recommended. The country itself is super unorganized and it's extremely annoying if you actually have to be there for work or education, but for vacation there are few places with that kind of charme and historical places.

All the people and strangers I met there were also really helpful and friendly, big plus.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Oh we talking teams?!

Tim has one of the nastiest crossovers the NBA has ever seen! Need some change? Good, Tim has you covered because he's dropping dimes on a nightly basis!

Ray Allen, aka Jesus Shuttlesworth transcends the NBA as he's also a Movie Star! Holds the all time 3 pt record for a career (for now) and was the most electrifying shooter in the era! Don't sleep on him though, Ray Ray posterized quite a few people in his day as well, dude's got springs! BTW, this dude is CLUTCH.

Paul Pierce was so raw, Shaq nicknamed him "The Truth". And everyone knows, The Truth shall set you free! Known for a long time as a Celtic, he's one of the most iconic Celtic players ever! Man just flat out scores, and is one of the cockiest, all around players in the era! You need a bucket, you got it! BTW, this dude, ALSO CLUTCH.

Sheed, I mean, SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! Dude probably still owns the record for most technicals ever in the league! He was one of the pioneers to stretch 4 play ;) in the NBA. Just because he could shoot, doesn't mean he doesn't know how to defend! The dude was a beast on both ends of the floor!

Big Ben, dude went undrafted and went on to be the 4x defensive player of the year award winner, NBA Champion, and 4x NBA All-Star. Beast of the East, CHAMPIONSHIP Level Defensive Anchor. Dude is known for 2 things, grabbing rebounds, and blocking shots! Undersized? Doesn't matter, he banged with bigs like Shaq and Yao and still did his thing on a nightly basis!

Essentially, take the Championship Celtics and combine that with the Championship Pistons, Then add crazy depth off the bench. I know, I know. But you can't just hand me the title, we gotta do this playoff thing :)

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

PG: John Stockton (28) / Mo Cheeks (20)
    SG: Alvin Robertson (32) / John Stockton (10) / Allan Houston (6)
    SF: Glen Rice (28) / Peja Stojakovic (20)
    PF: Pau Gasol (24) / Buck Williams (18) / Terry Cummings (6)
    C: Dwight Howard (36) / Pau Gasol (12)

Offense:

My offense will primarily run through one of the best and most creative playmakers in the history of the game in John Stockton (17/14/50%/40%) when he is on the court. The team will rely heavily on the Stockton/Gasol high PnR/PnP mixed in with the Stockton/Dwight PnR. Gasol was a deadly mid range shooter during his prime. Stockton as everyone knows is a threat to shoot off of Gasol’s screens if the opposition defender sits back, or drive and dish to Glen Rice who was a dead eye 3 point shooter shooting 47% from 3 point land on almost 6 attempts a game and over 26 PPG on 60% TS% in that season or just through an alley oop to the above the rim Dwight. To back that all up I have the do it all Alvin Robertson who averaged 17+ PPG, 5+ APG, 5+ RPG, and 3+ steals per game for four consecutive seasons during his prime.

When Dwight sits, Pau will move to the center this becomes even more unstoppable, as opposition centers usually do not have the mobility to properly guard this other than playing back. If he does come out, it will leave the paint open for cutters, and if he doesn’t, Stockton and Gasol will feast. I also have the option of dumping the ball down low to Gasol to create offense and he is a more than capable passer and with 3 point threats like Rice, Stockton and Houston and Peja off the bench.

When Pau and Stockton sit, we’ll go small with Dwight at the center surrounded by shooters. Mo Cheeks off the bench offers another athletic and creative playmaker. An efficient scorer, unselfish and a great passer with spacing coming from the likes of another 40+% dead eye 3 point shooter in Peja Stojakovic. The Cheeks-Dwight PnR will be bread and butter for this unit with shooters around.

Glen Rice, Peja and Houston (who will be used sparingly) all act as spacers, and if anyone decides to try and rotate off of them to help on Stockton / Cheeks drives, they’ll make them pay. They can also take advantage of open cutting lanes if Dwight gets drawn out on PnRs.
    Buck Williams is an outstanding offensive rebounder and truly efficient player (again 60 TS% +) who will be used moreso for his outstanding defense. Buck was tough as nails and incredibly reliable in a way and is the ideal role player and leader. Buck was more the classic PF, a physical beast who depended on strength and aggression.
    Overall my offense is based on high efficiency and versatility.

Defense:

There is not much to say except this team has really good defense at almost all positions, with a combination of size, strength and defensive smarts.
    We have great defenders in Stockton (2nd Team All-Defense), Alvin Robertson (DPOY), Dwight (DPOY, 1st Team All-Defense), Mo Cheeks and Buck Williams (Multiple all defensive 1st) and we have size on our other defenders in Gasol and Rice and we have a shot blocking big in Dwight to protect everything. Stockton, Mo Cheeks and Alvin Robertson can pressure the wings and lock them down (just look at all those steals and accolades) with Hakeem, Pau and Buck procuring rebounds left and right over the opposing frontcourt. I would imagine Hakeem, Pau and Buck laying down the law in the frontcourt establishing a tone of physicality. Due to the defensive quality of our players we will be focusing on single coverage on most players although we can just as easily switch because of the adaptability in these all world defenders.

I don't see how I can lose :grin:

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn, dem brehs are really taking effort into their team presentation. I'd like to do it as well, but am too lazy right now.

TL:DR presentation: My team is great and full of the best brehs.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

-> ............................... John Stockton was a great pick and roll point guard. Dwight is a center who wants to play in the post.

[​IMG]

10. FTW Rockets FTW

We are talking the really good Dwight of last decade before Shaq and others got into his head. Plus he was a pretty good post up at the time due to his athleticism. Also used to shoot 60% from the line so no hacking to get into his head.

11. don grahamleone

Orlando Dwight played in the post as well. They were an inside out team. Personally, I'd trade Dwight. He's too good to not be marketable, but he also doesn't fit with your best player.

12. VBG

VBG Member

Yup, been to Florence, Venice and Milan. Going to Rome later this year. Florence is insanely gorgeous. You should go to the countryside around Florence and to a winery as well. Just beautiful landscape

13. Jamers

Jamers Member

i dont have to explain shizz.. my team can beat ur d-league teams

1 person likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I also feel like my team is pretty self-explanatory given the talent level. Two very versatile big men and wing players who can both shoot, cut, defend, and make plays. They will play a lot like Rick Adelman's Kings. I went for versatility and shooting for the bench and I feel like there is a good mix of guys who can do everything.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

sorry brehs. been out of the loops lately. are we picking a system to run our team with? when is the bracket being made?

16. FTW Rockets FTW

17. LCAhmed

[​IMG]

FTW vs Donatas

FTW

PG: John Stockton
    SG: Alvin Robertson
    SF: Glen "G Money" Rice
    PF: Pau Gasol
    C: Dwight Howard

Bench

Maurice "Mo" Cheeks
    Allan Houston
    Peja Stojakovic
    Terry Cummings
    Buck Williams

vs

Donatas

g Chauncey Billups
    g Brandon Roy
    f Ron Artest
    f Antonio McDyess
    c Patrick Ewing

bench
    6th - Adrian Dantley
    g Mark Jackson
    g Eddie Jones
    f Danny Granger
    f David West

Horry vs kevC

Horry

PG: Jason Kidd/Stephon Marbury
    SG: George Gervin/Bruce Bowen
    SF: Carmelo Anthony/Robert Horry
    PF: Dennis Rodman/Kenyon Martin
    C: Jack Sikma/Derrick Coleman

vs

kevC

Tony Parker/Sam Cassell
    Vince Carter/Hersey Hawkins/Brent Barry
    Joe Johnson/Toni Kukoc/Brent Barry
    Chris Bosh/Horace Grant/Toni Kukoc
    Arvydas Sabonis/Horace Grant/Chris Bosh

Fallen vs Jamers

Fallen

Baron Davis/Andre Miller
    Joe Dumars/John Starks
    Dominique Wilkins/Lamar Odom
    Al Jefferson/Luis Scola
    Ralph Sampson/Andrew Bynum

vs

Jamers

PG - Kevin Johnson
    SG - Chris Mullin
    SF - Scottie Pippen
    PF - Jermaine O'Neil
    C - Rik Smits

Bench
    PG - Jason (White Chocolate) Williams
    SG - Michael Cooper
    SF - Jerry Stackhouse
    PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
    C - Shawn Bradley

JMC vs don grahamleone

JMC

PG Chris Paul/Gilbert Arenas
    SG Mitch Richmond/Luol Deng
    SF Grant Hill/Richard Jefferson
    PF Detlef Shrempf /Anthony Mason
    C Marcus Camby/Brad Daugherty

vs

don grahamleone

PG Lafayette 'Fat' Lever
    SG Drazen Petrovic
    SF Alex English
    PF Elvin Hayes
    C Who Want To Sex Mutumbo!!!!!!

Depth: Mark Aguirre, Rod Strickland, Sleepy Floyd, Mychal Thompson, Purvis Short

Von Rafer vs RedN

Von Rafer

PG - Terrell Brandon
    SG - Latrell Sprewell
    SF - Michael Finley
    PF - Vin Baker
    C - Kevin Willis

Bench:
    PG - Damon Stoudemire
    SG - Kyle Korver
    SF - Tayshaun Prince
    PF - Theo Ratliff
    C - Kevin Duckworth

vs

RedN

pg: Deron Williams
    sg: Rip Hamilton
    sf: Shawn Marion
    pf: Kevin McHale
    c: Alonzo Mourning

bench:
    G: Rajon Rondo
    G: Jason Terry
    F: Vernon Maxwell
    F: Andre Iguodala
    C: Otis Thorpe

oelman vs Jontro

oelman

Mark Price / Russel Westbrook
    Nick Anderson / Kevin Martin
    Clyde Drexler / Craig Ehlo
    Amare Stoudemire / Kevin Love
    Mark Eaton / Brad Miller

vs

Jontro

PG - Mike Bibby / Monta Ellis
    SG - Reggie Miller / Steve Smith
    SF - James Worthy / Shane Battier
    PF - Zach Randolph / Larry Johnson
    C - Yao Ming / Robert Parish

VBG vs thething

VBG

PG - Penny Hardaway
    SG - Sidney Moncrief
    SF - Tracy Mcgrady
    PF - Andrei Kirilenko
    C - Elton Brand
    Bench - Charles Oakley, Terry Porter, Tyson Chandler, Marques Johnson, Rashard Lewis

vs

thething

PG: Payton/Blaylock
    SG: Wade/Hornacek
    SF: Vandeweghe/King
    PF: Kemp/Chambers
    C: Laimbeer/Divac

LCA vs Tizzle

LCA

PG: Tim Hardaway
    SG: Ray Allen
    SF: Paul Pierce
    PF: Rasheed Wallace
    C: Ben Wallace

Bench:
    PG: Steve Francis
    SG: Doug Christie
    SF: Gerald Wallace
    PF: Antoine Walker
    C: Larry Nance

vs

Tizzle

PG - Isiah Thomas / Dennis Johnson
    SG - Manu Ginobili / Michael Redd
    SF - Dan Majerle / Dale Ellis
    PF - Chris Webber / Maurice Lucas
    C - Artis Gilmore / Jeff Ruland

#1097 LCAhmed, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The brehs brothers facing each other in the 1st round. :(

19. LCAhmed

I know breh, unfortunately it was the way the dice rolled :(

20. don grahamleone

So many good teams, I just checked out 2 matchups and couldn't really decide. A lot of these could come down to benches, if not most.