1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be our starting center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beargbw, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:
?

starting center

1. Capela

178 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. Nene

61 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Good point, summer conditioning will be serious. But I think Capela will be good for 28-30 in if needed.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Pelicans and Hawks are birds.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

Well we're not getting Dennis from the Hawks they're all in

So guess it's (Jrue holiday) is on an expiring... If not be may sign bron bro NORRIS COLE

4. Play07

Play07 Member

CODMAN is it Jrue holiday (bird).... and sign FA Norris Cole if that doesn't work out ??

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rockets are turning into the New Orleans Pelicans. Just give us Anthony Davis next...

I think Chandler is a great option. I said this a few months ago. He still has it, great rebounder and defender. PNR is amazing. I would have him over Capela. I think a lot of ppl hype up Capela here. His ceiling won't be anything special.

If we can get Cousins, all in to throw whoever we can to make that happen.

I would rather have Holiday over Cole.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Codman placed Ear, Ear and EARS in there. Is that like Caval(ears)? I've thoroughly confused myself this morning.

7. malakas

malakas Member

just because someone is on an affordable contract that doesn't mean he has positive trade value. He can't shoot, he is 30 and he can't defend. He also can't dribble playmake or pass well. So? What is his value exactly? :confused: He also doesn't expire either.
    We saw with Calderon who had better value because he was actually expiring and he can still shoot at elite level and run a pnr. What value did they get back for him?

8. malakas

malakas Member

It's not Jrue. Cod says someone old but durable. Jrue is the opposite of that.
    Young with health issues.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Assuming no trades, Capela. Unless he's sub-.500 from the foul line again.

10. Mutombo

Mutombo Member

Old but durable bird? Didn't Kirk Hinrich last play for the Hawks?

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Chinanu will teach him to shoot FTs.

12. craguin

craguin Member

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL I kinda laugh DD when you say he's almost done. He's still got some game in him. For what Morey got him for he's his best aquisition of the off season so far IMHO.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like Nene's offense and playmaking off the bench, and you need consistency with your starting lineup. Nene is guaranteed to play under 65 games. Start the guy you know will be there. We are not contenders - start the guy with upside.

15. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Malakas come on dude. A bad season and everyone jumps ship? He's never been a 3pt shooter, why is that news all of the sudden? There's tons of players that are 30... He's a vet. Can't defend? Sure he gambles to try to get the steal and easy bucket but the whole team quit last year including Howard which exposed our entire team.

What Calderon fetched makes no difference in my point. Brewer does have value because he can contribute. He's still a great slasher and decent defender. Several contenders would love to have him im sure. He will never be the center piece of any deal but value... He definitely has value.

Let's just wait and see what moves Morey has up his sleeve. I'm sure Brewer will be a part of any deal that's done.

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Toney Douglas? He's 30 and hasn't been injured since college.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nene will start. Capela is too low IQ to defeat NENE in training camp. Nene is better in pick and roll... he's actually a threat in th post with a nice mid range game. Capela is a child.

18. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

19. itzIce

itzIce Member

Older, dependable BIRD, mentioned a few times - Jose Calderon who played with the Raptors = "Birds of prey"

Thanks Cod!

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Someone got part of an Ear...good, dependable, Mike D guys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Damn Bird! (FML) Free Agency/signings are nuts

[​IMG]

That was EXHAUSTING....off to drink some lemonade and burn those C-cells....enjoy your day. Love ya'll and make sure to tell your fam the same each day. The NBA is a game, but life is far from it. +

#60 Codman, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016