1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be our starting center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beargbw, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:
?

starting center

1. Capela

178 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. Nene

61 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Guys Capela / Nene will likely be our center rotation, it's been a dissapointing off season but it is what it is.

I believe Capela can make that next step and will start, Nene is a solid backup who can put in 20 mpg.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Pretty easy to answer.

Rockets are now an offensively focused team looking to replicate D'Antoni's Suns. (Like it or not, they did have a lot of success)

When it comes to style of play, between Nene and Capela which center more resembles Amare Stoudemire?

It's not close.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

No D-Mo at the 5?

Bev
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    D-Mo

_PG2_
    Gordon
    Brewer
    Nene
    Capela

Whatever the case, we know Nene will miss time so D-Mo if retained will get that fill-in time. I dont think Capela is ready for 30MPG, heck it took Deandre Jordan 5-6 years to avg 30MPG in a season, so it wont be a slight against Capela if he's less than that

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not sure Whiteside is the guy I want to hitch my horse to. Will cost a lot, and we'd be committed to him for a while. I think he's a bit overrated, especially on defensive end. I'd rather trade for one of the 76ers bigs. I really like Capela's potential, and having him as our starting center makes us much more flexible for future.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I get that it may seem far-fetched that Capela is ready now, but I think it's equally as far-fetched that we signed a veteran to a 1 year 3 million deal with the intention of him being our starting center.

I think both will get plenty of minutes regardless, so who starts doesn't even really matter. But I assume it would be Capela.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Boogie, Noel or Okafor are my preferences too. But it will cost us Capela plus a whole lot more. And still may not be enough.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is my last post for a bit, partially because it hits close to home, but I find it compelling and it comes from a very trustworthy guy who gives me an Ear.

Sarver wants a young roster, built on shooters and a fastpaced offense.

Later after getting a GREAT call from a happy Lauren Prothe to get NeNe the hell outta DC, I wondered about rim protection since we lost Dwight to THE BIRDS (BTW...pieces still there and the other Birds)

Anyway, your starting center may be coming from Phoenix for a combination of picks and players.

He wants out, the team wants him out, and he isn't accustomed to losing after winning big. As a PHX figure, I know him decently well and it's just not going to last.

Nothing promised, but your rim protector may be Tyson Chandler. 33, but can still do the dirty work. I'd take him if you get rid of corey, Harrell or whomever.

Nothing set in stone, but early discussions.

Don't kill the messenger. We need rim protection and Clint is far from ready.

And I can't mention BIRDS anymore. It's obvious why I did and how it all came together, but the scenarios are becoming bizarre. Just don't be surprised with anything relating to that animal.

Personally, without too too much intel, I'm crossing fingers for Brotherly Love and a miracle of James helping his close friend In Sac demanding a trade far away from Vlade and that terrible ownership with more PFs than I can count.

Hey, uh, DMo...any chance you resent us still? You are definitely a baller, a "Super Role Player" (Please don't sent the DMo task force out on me, led by, well, you know :)) What about some Cali Love with a GM who can help develop that shot, moving w/o the ball and learning to flop like Vladi, or currently, sideshow Bob of the Warriors? Just a thought.

I'm exhausted like Kevin Love being told that he can't post up on the block anymore. How tiring to be pushed in to Swish's shot area.

Lastly, it is SUPER QUIET about Bev. I'm trying to get an Ear in there, but I am fairly certain that Pringles...err Mike is not staying put there. Damn it...last time...a dependable BIRD runs a pick and roll to perfection. He's older but durable. Mentioned a few times. And lastly, King James former lil bro may be an option, especially with his ties to James.

That's WAY too much from me. Again, I'm just EARS. Things change quickly, but the Birds were accurate all along, and my guy NeNe just came 5 months later.

Sleep tight.

Cod

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Capela is the strictly business type player we need to surround with Harden, he understands his role and executes it. He's young and his development in his first two years has been outstanding in a limited role. Aside from Harden, there should not be a player on the roster with more value.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

So Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez or Cousins? :grin:

Thanks Codman! I would be good with all 3 and Tyson intrigues me still. I like his fire and at least he won't mess up chemistry. Let's start to send some guys to the desert to get burned and get some guys in return ;) We're not rebuilding so Capela might be gone in this scenario I reckon.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Thnx cod. :) Hope you are keeping strong.

I read that Chandler was even asking for a buyout in May.

Who runs the pnr in perfection in Atlanta or NOP?

For those saying that Capela can be our starting C.
    He could be if the team was planning to rebuild. If we are win now as it seems we are he is not.
    A Capela - Nene Center rotation is worse than almost any other teams.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thanks Cod, but if we give up picks for old ass Tyson Chandler I'm gonna be furious!

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Takes from this

Still possible targets from NO/Hawks

Obvious - Brewer + young player for TChandler being discussed

Love not happy with role with Cavs

Cod hopes Rockets can land a deal for Okafor or Cousins (brotherly love is code for Philly)

Possible Dmo to Kings, but that would have to be a s&t I believe since they spent all their cap (Rudy Gay maybe?)

Sideshow bob of the Warriors ='s Varejao - aka the other Brazilian he mentioned earlier

Lebron James lil bro = Norris Cole I think, but I can't find anything about him and Harden being friends

I can't think of a older durable bird who runs a good PnR, if he didn't say bird I would guess Calderon but I don't see any relation between Jose and birds.

Thanks Cod, I don't how or why you find the time/energy to entertain us info fiends, but we certainly appreciate it!

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe Chalmers?

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

care to elaborate?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nah Lebron literally calls Cole his lil bro, Cole calls Lebron big bro.

Cole was born and raised in Ohio.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, what about a Capela, D.Mo, unprotected 2017 1st and fillers for Boogie? Obviously someone can offer more but who knows who's willin to do it at this point...he's going to expire next year and i think the Kings know he's leaving 100%...if they're at least a bit smart they're going to trade him before he gains more power in trade talks...maybe add Brewer and take back Koufos who has a longer (by one year) contract...

For Okafor the package should be different i guess...more like Pat, Trevor, fillers...?

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

True.

18. malakas

malakas Member

He doesn't expire next summer but in two seasons from now. That package is not enough and doesn't even have good pgs prospects or shooters. They already have 4 other big prospects don't need any more.

Also Koufos has positive trade value while Brewer doesn't.

19. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I think Brewer at this point does have trade value simply due to the fact that he's on an affordable contract at this point and locked into it for awhile. The guy can still play, our entire team **** the bed last year. He will bounce back.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Norris Cole for sure but still can't figure out who this (bird) is. It's a PG.... Don't want college bball much maybe that's where the bird is coming from for those who do