1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. houtown

houtown Member

it seems that mediocre to bad coaches do not get through to potential great players.

2. houtown

houtown Member

It* seems that mediocre to bad coaches do not get through to potential great players.*

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's got to go.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Brewer is so ****ing trash man.Somehow he gets 25 a night.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It is absolutely 100% a failure of coaching that this team can only get a starting front court of Dwight and D-Mo a total of 6 shots. Let me repeat that again: SIX SHOTS

Dwight has been averaging 16 and 12 (or something like that) in recent games. D-Mo is coming off an 18 point game.

How can we not take advantage of our interior presence?

We should be killing teams inside through Dwight and D-Mo. This will open up the 3-point shot for our terrible shooters.

When Beasley is in the game he should get his midrange shots.

There's ZERO excuse as to why Dwight, D-Mo, and Beasley can't be integrated together to dominate other teams.

Our entire half court offense should be based on: Harden-Dwight PnR; Harden-DMo PnR, Harden Beasley pick and pop, Harden post up, D-Mo post up, Harden Iso, Dwight post up, Beasley Iso. In that order.

The threes we take should be a byproduct of those plays.

I don't ****ing get it.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Why should you expect Dwight to get anything done going against DeAndre Jordan? He was trash tonight

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

JBB is the cancer of Rockets chemistry!!!

9. SORF

SORF Member

I have seen enough...I have had enough of the current "system" and Bickerstaff. Add me to the "Fire Bickerstaff" list! While at it, clean the rest of the house...some players all the way up to the GM!

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Add me to the list.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep the man is lost. We definitely have talent now. The coaching is just attrocious. JB makes me wish we had Mchale again and that is saying alot.

12. buffalobills!!!

Where's his dad at?

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

This man is the worst professional basketball coach I've ever seen. The absolute worst. This isn't an emotional we lost rant. Even in victory, I feel like we win in spite of his horrible rotations and small ball fetish. Just because the Warriors can do it doesn't mean we should. We don't have the same personnel or basketball philosophy.

14. houtown

houtown Member

Daryl Morey appointment as coach possibly can't possibly think outside the box if his life depended on it at the moment. He seems to not know how to coach in the moment, and possibly relies heavily on pregame preparation, and struggles to make in game adjustments that deviate from the pregame plan during the actual game. Possibly the worse coach I have seen so far to coach the team. When they win, they might win due accidental decisions by the coach, not ingenious decisions during the game.

15. koby1868

koby1868 Member

How is he trash if he didn't touch the ball? Dwight can play with any big man.

16. tharges

tharges Member

He clogs the paint which stops the flow of the offense, pouts when he doesn't get the ball, plays selective defense, no low post game, when he he does manage to beat his man they just foul him and put him at the line where he can't hit a free throw.

How many millions the Rox paying him?
    To his defense, what offense does JB run?

I love my Rockets, but we just terrible now.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We got a worst version of a coach that was already sub par. I think it was fairly obvious this would be a lateral move at best, even from the outset, with major downside risk.

I mean really, why fire the main motivator when the problem was in the strategy?

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dwight is trash. You're just late to the party. He's usually pretty terrible against high profile centers. Look at his recent game against Pau Gasol. His brother also owns Dwight. Hell Yao owned Dwight even when he had his Orlando athleticism.

If our key to winning is Dwight playing well in the post and being efficient, we are screwed. What we SHOULD be doing is posting up Harden instead. And get Beasley even more involved in the offense because it's clear he's already our 2nd best scoring option.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dwight sucks offensively

20. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

for someone who has to know he is not getting this gig next year he should be trying new things instead of continuing down the same path with the same ole players. Play the younger guys more. Why not? I'm pretty sure they would have still lost last night but hell at least we would have seen some type of defense. There was no reason for howard to be on the floor, honestly i want to see harden and howard sit on the bench and just play everyone else. Terry keeps hinting at changes need to be made and they are not the ones that can make them. He is either talking about JB well i know he is talking about JB and JB still keeps throwing the same crap line ups out there and the fact that the organization decided to give up on this year pisses me off and it should piss off Les. It's time for a new regime