1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 12/8/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2015.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Because he was ****ing tired with 7 TO already.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hahaha hey that's all good in my book. We're both veterans so hats off to you for your service.

3. rockets13champs

Hungover... Could explain the lack of focus by starters and missed rebounds and massive amounts of turnovers. No more partying including coach J.B... Your supposed to be the leader. Should have partied with no alcohol during the regular season. Rockets what with more than 2 days of rest.... SMHHH

4. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Nor did it Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, or numerous other mega stars. My point wasn't that endorsement deals cause an athlete to lose his desire to win. What I was saying is that in Harden's case, he got rewarded with the mega stardom before truly shining on the biggest stage of all. I mean can you point to a series, other than maybe the San Antonio series when he was with OKC, where Harden had his shining moment as the leader of the franchise?

He's had some good performances no doubt, but I have yet to see him take over a series in the playoffs for the Rockets and will them to victory. I thought last season when Curry won the MVP that he would rise to the occasion like Dream did in 95. It never happened. Instead, he seemed to pout after the victory and looked totally unprepared and unmotivated in the Clippers series. It wasn't Harden leading us to victory in maybe the single greatest comeback in basketball history; nope, that was the Rockets "role players" that Harden seems to think he is so much better than.

So before Harden ever had his career defining breakout playoff series, he was awarded with one of the richest endorsement deals an athlete has ever gotten. I'm afraid that unlike Curry, Kobe, Michael, and other greats that Harden was playing for the fame not the ring. When you're playing for the ring, the fame is an added bonus. With Harden, it seems the ring is the added bonus.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The more days you give them to rest, the more pathetic performance they show you.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This. In Harden' eyes, it is just basketball. That's all.

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I watched a few minutes of the replay of the third quarter, and I could hear the disgust in Worrell's voice.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That was a block by caplea. What a bs call. The back to back to back missed lay ups by Lawson, beard and d12 was a fukd up situation. Was there a troll on the rim?

Harden needs to practice free throws- wtf.
    *** the nets. I hate those fukrs.

It did NOT look good that jbb was socializing with the players. Sorry.

9. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I was a huge Harden fan until this season. I enjoyed watching him for years but this is depressing. I am trying not to over react but we have to ask ourselves can he really lead us to the Championship? His focus and drive to be great is not there. I mean we loss in the WCF and look how we responded. Imagine if we won the chip what would have happen? Just not sure he is worth it anymore. SMH

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

The Harden Howard Purple Haze Experience..coming to your City..stay tuned

11. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Harden leaving tonight's game like...

[​IMG]

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

still not too late to Tank.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yeah..."Purlple Haze R In My Brain!?"

14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I think the defense is a little different if Ariza was there.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

WE LOST TO THE ****IN NETS! WTF!

16. i3artow i3aller

:p

[​IMG]

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Anyone notice near the end of the game when the Rockets were making a comeback with Thornton that everyone in the bench was standing minus Lawson+Jones? They are being traded and they know it :eek::cool::p

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hey at least it's just one game.

We're still at the start of the season.

Isn't that what some jokers kept saying over and over again? The FIRST time we lost to this sorry ass Nets team this season.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

McHale knew exactly what the problems were with this team. That's why he kept saying it Over and over again. They need to play harder, and they need to keep the ball moving. It sounds overly simplistic, but that's what it boils down to. If the coach, any coach, has to keep asking the team to play harder, then you've got the wrong players. It's a huge problem when your best player is also your laziest player.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

James Harden is the problem.

DD