1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Autograph Rockets Ball... How Much is it Worth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nel00, Nov 3, 2003.

1. nel00

nel00 Member

Some friends, Co-Workers and I have been wondering....

How much do you guys think the Autograph Ball I won at the game is worth??? Would anybody sell it and for how much??

** The Ball has been signed by all the players & coaches.**

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Wrong forum.

Should be in the Rockets Classifieds: Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Not sure. But I do know that if you scrub Moochie Norris signature off the ball you will raise the price value.

4. nel00

nel00 Member

It was posted here for a purpose.... (to get faster results)
    Thanks for replying! I'll take my chances on the thread being moved or locked!... In the mean time all responses will be appreciated.

About Moochie's Signature... I was thinking the same thing! Haha! But its cool to have everyone's autograph! He just needs to work on his game!

5. voice

voice Member

got any photos of the ball? i might be interested in buying.
    contact me at voice7181@yahoo.com

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

yo bro, I would not sell that ball unless i was totally desperate for money.

That ball with Yao Mings signature on it may be worth thousands in the future.

7. kryten128

kryten128 Member

For sentimental value, if I won the ball, I'd consider it priceless and pass it on to my kids and grandkids.

In terms of how much people would buy it for, if it has the entire current team's signatures on it, it'd be worth in the range of $200-500. It may be higher if the Rockets, as expected, win the NBA championship this year. It'll also be higher in places like Houston or Shanghai, of course.

8. voice

voice Member

an upper deck authenticated yao ming autographed basketball only costs about $150 and an unauthenticated autographed basketball of yao ming costs a lot less. it's not worth that much.

he should sell it to me for around $150 since its not authenticated. if he wants to go through the trouble of getting a certificate of authenticity from psa/dna (which costs a lot of money as well), he could get more for the ball.

9. voice

voice Member

lebron james autographed basketball sells for a lot more than yao's.

10. nel00

nel00 Member

I'm not trying to sell it (at least not yet) and I'm not desperate for money. I just wanted to know what yall guys think the ball is worth.

From what they told me and from what I see & read all the players & coaches have signed the ball. I'l try and post a pic of the ball later.

11. kryten128

kryten128 Member

Forget about what I said before. Because Yao Ming is a pansy, Steve can't pass, and Cat is selfish, that ball of yours is completely worthless! Nadda! Zippo! Garbage!

But since I'm in a generous mood, I'll give you $100 for it :D

12. nel00

nel00 Member

Hahaha! Thanks for the replies everyone! Hopefully the Rockets Organization will send me a certificate of authenticity in the mail or something. (They did get all of our Info) If not I'll try and contact them to see if I can get one. I know I wouldn't believe just anyone that said they had an autographed ball. Luckily I have I picture when I received it and hopefully I get a certificate of authenticity.

13. voice

voice Member

yeah, but the thing with upper deck authenticated autographed items is that they have a hologram attached to the ball and they have a number on the hologram that can be verified by upper deck as a authentic autographed item. that makes their items much harder to fake.

anybody can type up a letter of authenticity and put a rockets logo on it and say we certify this item is authentic, get a regular nba basketball from modells, and just sign it all over.

that's why you should just sell it for $150 (i made the highest bid out of everybody.) and it's very good offer. like somebody else said, this ball a'int worth much.

14. tch

tch Member

List it on ebay, and before the bid end, cancel it.

You lose the list fee, around ~1$, and got what it worth.

Remember to cancel it near the end and the final price will be a little higher than that, perhaps much more than that.

:D

15. nel00

nel00 Member

OK $150 it is!!....

Just give me sometime to "Get a regular nba basketball from modells, sign all over it and type up a letter of authenticity and put a rockets logo on it and say we certify this item is authentic!"
    :D

16. voice

voice Member

yeah, but i have a modells membership card, and i'm entitled to a 100% discount.

17. nel00

nel00 Member

Wouldn't it be cheaper if..... YOU just got the ball from Modells with your discount, signed all over it and type up a letter of authenticity and put a rockets logo on it and say we certify this item is authentic!" ?? Then we both can have a worthless ball. :D

I was thinking about Ebay but I have never dealt with Ebay before.

18. voice

voice Member

i've dealt on ebay before. didn't sell a damn thing. i was trying to sell a basketball i won that was autographed by the entire rockets team, but everybody said it was a fake and didn't even want to pay $75 for it. they said i got it at modells.

19. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

a rockets ball autographed by all players i would pay about 450 w out mochie 650 or 850

with Hakeem the dream autograph p r i c l e s !

their some things money can't buy for ereything else are e-bay
    :D :)

20. nel00

nel00 Member

Oh for real??..... Did you forget to "Type up a letter of authenticity and put a rockets logo on it that said we certify this item is authentic!???"... Maybe thats why they didn't even want to pay $75 fo it.