1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Do You Fix a Broken Ipod?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WallofYao, Jul 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

Well i have an ipod nano of the 1st generation that is broken because i drowned it in water. Yall are probably wondering why I drowned it.. well I did it because I had warranty and wanted a 200 dollar gift card to buy a digital camera. Well when i called best buy they had trouble mailing me the mailing label, so they just sent me the gift card and i got to keep my broken ipod. It sorta sucks because I basically drowned it for no reason. so I've come to the point...

Does anyone know how to fix a broken ipod nano thats been drowned in water? Please help so I can listen to music on the goooo. Thanks ahead of time.

2. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Excellent question to ask on a basketball website!

No.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

its usually not possible to fix a device thats been exposed to water. atleast not at home.. i'm sure u can send it somewhere.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So essentially you stole $200 from Best Buy. Regardless of how you may try to spin it, you stole a $200 gift card from Best Buy.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I was robbing a liquor store the other day, and that a**hole store clerk shot me for no reason. Does anybody know how to remove a .38 caliber bullet from the shoulder? I think there is some infection, too...would Chlorox take care of that? Thanks...

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Alcohol and salt will take care of that wound. Chlorox is the unofficial visine for dry, red eyes.

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

After Best Buy inflation, it has about $150 of value.

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Crazy!!
    You should of contacted Best Buy first and told them that your IPOD is damaged to see what would happen before actually damaging. What were you thinking..that they were gonna run diagnostic tests by phone or email??? :confused: :D

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I got mine from the appale store. I couple months after I bought it, I stepped on it and crushed the screen. I brought it back to the store, they opened a new box, and handed me a new one, without showing a reciept or anything. I was very surprised

11. bladeage

You probably caught someone on their last day of work.

12. bladeage

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i hope you lose your gift card.

14. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

if they asked you to turn in your ipod.. they wouldnt have given you a giftcard because water damage shows that its negligent personal damage which voids the warranty

15. junglerules

junglerules Member

And the wallet he keeps it in as an a-hole tax.....

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

While I'm reluctant to help someone who just admitted to defrauding someone, I did just hear a story on NPR about the iPhone that was talking about this company: http://www.ifixit.com/. They have guides on how to fix Apple products yourself and they sell parts.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It's freaking Best Buy not Joe Smith. The outrage is ridiculous. I don't condone what he has done but I don't condemn it either.

Speaking of defrauding...Best Buy...the same company that uses a fake Best Buy website to trick in store customers.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

true...**** Best Buy, good job OP.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I hear their employees get treated like **** too. But I guess the employees deserve it cause they're sticking around for the discounts.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

my friend was telling me about that but i didnt really understand what he meant.