1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Auction for NBA Spalding Basketball signed by entire 1999-2000 Rockets roster

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by cma710, Feb 8, 2012.

1. cma710

cma710 New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to auction an NBA basketball signed by the entire 1999-2000 Houston Rockets roster. This roster included Hall of Famers Charles Barkley and Hakeem Okajuwon, as well as 1999-2000 ROY Steve Francis. You can visit the auction here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130645251667?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

The ball has a cool story behind it too. It was given to me by my grandfather, former congressman Bill Archer, who served the 7th Texas District from 1970-2000. It was given to him by the Rockets organization when he retired, in appreciation for his service to the city as well as for promoting the construction of the new arena. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the gift, it does not include any authentication card, but I guarantee the signatures are 100% real, as it was given to him by the Rockets organization.

Thanks guys and GO ROCKETS!!!

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

You'll have a hard time selling it without it being deemed authentic from an expert.

I'd send it to someone who can confirm it's authenticity then sell it. You will get A LOT more money for it.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Totally off topic, how are you related to Sharon Archer? Son or Nephew?

4. cma710

cma710 New Member

If by Sharon Archer you mean Sharon Funk (she's married now), then I am her nephew.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's been a long time. We used to play softball with her back in the late 80s. She was a very good 3rd baseman on our coed team. If you remember, next time you see her, ask if she remember Bob and Celeste from softball ages ago.

Good luck with your auction.

I believe she used to date a relatively famous Houstonian.