1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors set to name Dwane Casey head coach

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by infinitidoug, Jun 20, 2011.

1. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/06/20/raptors.dwane.casey/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will be interesting to see what how he will attempt to infuse some defense into that team. It might just be a matter of trading away whoever they can and waiting for some burdensome contracts to expire.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Reminds me of the Thibeadou signing with the Bulls last summer, ie defensive coordinator from championship team becoming a head coach. Whether it'll be successful as the Bulls signing remains to be seen. Although I don't think it'll be hard to improve upon their record from last season.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I really hope he puts Bargnani out of his misery and starts playing him either as an sf or a pf. Dude's too soft to play C, and his skillset is wasted by trying to bang in the post and get rebs.

5. Roxs-Redemption

Not a bad choice if the Raptors end up with Dwane Casey... My projection they probably end up in 10th place in the East standings

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dwane Casey vs. Raptors defense = Unstoppable force vs. immovable object.

Such a combination of contradictory items creates a logical paradox that threatens to destroy us all!