1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PPat: James is great..but we gotta share the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2013/01/23/postgame012313pattersonmp4-2363120

"If we get down and sometimes, somebody wants to make plays to get us back in the game, and then that leads to excessive dribbling, you know, trying to pass it at the last minute, trying to put the game on your shoulders, you know, and James is a great, great player, don't get me wrong. James is our best player, hands down. You know, but we all try to make plays for ourselves and sometimes for our teammates, when really we should just pass the ball, move the ball, set screens, sacrifice ourselves to make this team a better team. When you get down, you tend to have plays where people want to make the big home-run play, pretty much, and we have to stop doing that. We have to learn to trust in the system, trust our teammates, and pretty much just share the ball. Because when we share the ball... we get to the free throw line, we knock down our shots, and then we have big wins."

I do think when things are not going our way James tends to force things which then leads to TOs which then leads to ISOs. However I think the other players need to MOVE off the ball to help with the ball movement, how many times do we see everyone just staring at the ball handler for the entire possession?
    Either way though, James is still so young, being THE guy is still a learning process for him. :)

Anyway, the coaches suck.

1 person likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I know this b**** ain't talking.

We run plays for you and you still suck. Trick, sit yo ass down.

6 people like this.
  3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

BOO THIS MAN!!!

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol at PPat calling out Harden...PPat has been one of the worst PF rebounding bigs of all time..wanna make a difference on the team PPat??? how about cleaning up Harden's miss instead of camping out by the 3...

1 person likes this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

lmao :eek:

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The irony. "set screens". Do you even know what a screen is pat?

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I'm sure it's frustrating that he's been shooting terrible and just keeps shooting, butHarden isn't the problem... He's gonna have bad nights but he's still gonna put up points by getting to the line and such... I hate to say it, but Lin really wants to play pg and share the ball, but we're not a good enough team to play friendly. Lin needs to be more aggressive and effective... Everyone else can fall in line as far as I'm concerned...

8. nono

nono Member

He's right. Glad he is saying this too. McHale won't change his ways so easy.

9. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

LOL! When I heard him say that I was like...PPat is you trolling? :p

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

PPat is a great guy on and off the court but he has no reason to talk here. He has lost his mobility due to injuries and just is a net negative on the court. I say ship him out of here for peanuts. I really miss having Scola on this team. We would be so much better with him.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

It is true.

12. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

No to Hero Ball?! Whhhaaaaaaat?! :eek:

13. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

While I'm happy 2pat is saying something, he is not a player that should, but rather it should be a team that should be telling harden the same thing lol.

14. izeroi

izeroi Member

Lol @ ppat talking garbage. I'm so tired of him and Morris. Swap these dudes out for D-mo and Jones and give them some playing time. Doubt they could be any worse.

15. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Wow surprised 2Pat called it out. I don't mind Harden takes scoring duty because he's the best at it, but please someone set damn screens for the guy. And the other guys need to to move or set off ball screen for our shooters. If the first screen is broken, do it again. Spurs set multiple screens for Parkers in one possession. Eventually they're able to find an easy shot most of time.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nah, I think Pat is dead on. Torocan's ISO % analysis shows that we lose more when we run more ISOs. I think keeping the ball moving is important to our success ...that and taking care of the ball.

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Agreed, Honestly no one on the team has the right to call the other out currently. They all haven't been playing well enough to :(

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The whole team just stands around on offense then blame Harden for taking the last shot. Yeah, let's let PPatt shoot a stupid 3 or 15 foot jumper.

19. pnr

pnr Member

What he is saying is correct.

20. munco

munco Member

He has a point, but it's not going to come out well when he hasn't been rebounding or setting very good screens. I do think the Rockets are best when the ball moves and we're not just relying on Harden. And in Harden's defense he is trying to put the team on his back or will the team to victory but we're not at our best when he does this. Minus Lebron when he was in Cleveland it just doesn't work in today's NBA.

1 person likes this.