1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

REK brought up a great point in the game thread:

I too feel like everything he does is taken much more seriously than any other player currently not getting crucified by this forum (Douglas, Morris). More often than not he justifies his shortcomings (missed shots, TOs) by providing us with a stable PG game as well as additional "hustle" stats (4 steals yesterday, 10 boards tonight).

So on behalf of Jeremy, give him a break guys.

2 people like this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

People are going to have to accept that Lin won't be as efficient as Harden but he will still be effective for us as a whole with his contributions as a triple double threat point guard.

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Not yesterday but last game*

4. nono

nono Member

People have to understand that this team as of now is not competing for a championship until we add a couple more players. So just let these guys grow. They are all very young and talented. They will also make mistakes. But these are just growing pains for a young team.

5. BBAL

BBAL Member

Doesn't bother me. Critics can be good, especially irrational critics. It was nice to see a few haters totally losing their cool and running out of things to b**** about by the end of the game thread.

Will continue to enjoy watching the crow eating in the future.

6. jvu

jvu Member

I agree. We should start te ban hammer!

7. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

I think it might have to do with the fact that people didn't and still might not believe he was worth the contract he got, and for that every move he makes is looked at under a microscope in order to justify his signing.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

The question is WHY though. didn't happen with Lowry or Dragic. What's the point of being irrational toward Lin? Is it some irrational fear of Lin fans on this board or something?

1 person likes this.
  9. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Lately it became more obvious, can't really control it tho. Rockets has made ClutchFans a very popular site, so trolls are increasing.

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

He's definitely worth his contract in game stats. As a teammate and facilitator, I think that chemistry might take a while (meaning a month or so).

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I like Lin but I always thought Lowry and Dragic were better.

I don't know if I was right, while Lin hasn't been all the way on top of his game yet he has been good and I think he controls the game better than Lowry or Dragic.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Lin has been awesome so far. I just wish he could tighten up his handle. I get nervous when he dribbles through the lane b/c he loses it easily.

1 person likes this.
  13. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Good points. Lowry is the best of the three, with Dragic and Lin being similar. What Lin does best of the three is controlling the pace of play, he never panics and seems to progress with better decisions in the 4th quarter.

Agreed with the scrutiny, we're having an awesome game with Harden going off again, but some fans don't seem to enjoy. You'd think we actually lost the game.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He didn't have many turnovers tonight. He only had 3. That really isn't bad for 40 minutes of play.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is clutchfans.net. This is what we do.

16. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

I found it very creepy that so many Rockets fans are so hard on Lin.

Considering he is just coming from a major injury, his play had been way beyond my expectation. (Of course, Harden is THE major surprise, but I am also very happy with Lin's play).

I had been in Houston for almost 30 years. Usually, Houstonian welcome new comers with open arms and give a lot of slacks to their mistakes.

He only played two games and he almost got a triple doubles. For that, his treatment by some of my fellow Rocket fans are completely unjustified.

I hope race is not involved. There are probably bias involved. Maybe it is the same as Tim Tebow thing. Some people just don't like very religious player.

1 person likes this.
  17. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I don't know why people are bashing Lin. He is one of the biggest reasons why we have made comebacks in the past two games. He did commit TOs but so did Harden. Harden had more TOs actually in tonight's game. But Lin has been an excellent floor general out there. Did people not see how good our offense was when he was in the game?? Granted, Douglas is awful but damn, haters need to get off Lin's back.

1 person likes this.
  18. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Every turnover he commits is magnified 10 times due to his turnover-prone rep, which is overblown. This is true also to every single mistake he makes. Can't deny his boneheaded, frustrating plays at times but that can happen to any young player not named James Harden.

I'm gonna be positive and believe that most of the criticisms here are because they believe that Lin is not playing up to his potential given his talent.

By the way, I thought the chemistry of our backcourt was excellent and this is just the beginning!

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Just haters who think the attention or fame Lin received due to Linsanity was unwarranted. Its okay, they are probably people who have not accomplished anything in life worthy of recognition or even a mention by their family or peers so maybe they don't understand how it works. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Does this have anything to do with the LOFs? Lin has met my expectations, given that the coaching staff tore up 80% of their offensive play book Saturday night. It is going to take the team awhile to adjust to that. Coaches are still scrambling too I imagine.