1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Dwight Howard want Stan Van Gundy out as Magic coach

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Apr 4, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...G9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3#more-17788

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

They should axe Otis Smith while they're at it. Aside from drafting Howard instead of Okafor, that guy has been a hot mess.

Fran Vazquez draft mistake (Danny Granger on the board)
    Traded for Darko
    Rashard Lewis contract
    Knew better than to keep Hedo at his new salary...and then eventually traded to get him back once he fell off a cliff.
    Flipped Lewis for an even more overpaid Gilbert Arenas that they had to amnesty

What a disaster.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At some point most coaches lose the locker room if they are around too long....SVG is a lot like JVG, eventually players start to tune out the negative comments.

DD

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That was the hockey guy.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My impression was Howard definitely wanted Otis Smith gone. I was wondering if he wanted SVG out also.

Gotta agree SVG wears players out and it's time for him to move on. It has nothing to do with his coaching ability.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

"If they want to fire me, if Dwight wants to fire me – fire me." "I really don't give a damn about being fired. That doesn't concern me in the least. … If they want to fire me to please somebody -- fire me."

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Can a team of SVG beat the bobcats?
    [​IMG]

8. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Dwight is a disgrace...I remember him talking about not wanting to be screamed at etc by the coach...I would love to see this guy under Pat Riley, he woudl burn a hole and make Dwight cry. What a wuss

9. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Need the video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R-GoR28LILo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But I say yes.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ian O'Connor ‏ @Ian_OConnor
    Howard Beck ‏ @HowardBeckNYT

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Dwight Howard = Two Faced

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

SVG has to be fired and obviously wants to be. He just gave the Magic an excuse to pull the trigger and get it over with.

He runs his mouth waaay too much. This is far from the first time. His turn in the NBA has come and gone.

I guess SVG wanted to make sure he took a plug out of Dwight and the Magic on his way out. I hope Dwight stays and the Magic win a championship (like the Heat did after SVG was canned).

13. aaaa

aaaa Member

Wow. Crazy news. Very awkward with the hug as well..

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's so weird. Whether or not Howard actually said, for SVG to say it is more or less indirect quitting. I want to say that's career suicide, but JVG did the same thing and had no problem getting hired by the Rockets later. And he's still probably the hottest coach on the market if he chooses to come back.

SVG probably feel like getting out now is cutting his losses.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Super awkward video here.

SVG confirms that Dwight wants him gone, then at 2:40 Dwight comes in, the rest is just awkward. Just watch.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Latest quotes from DH don't even have him denying it. He just kept saying he's got no control over it and said he's not the owner, gm, etc.....all he has to say is he doesn't want SVG fired, so i think he's lying. Plus, SVG is usually pretty straightforward from what i can remember.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

All this drama from Orlando overshadows the fact that they are having a pretty decent season.

Wonder how quickly they give SVG his walking papers once they are out of the playoffs...

18. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

DH = a two-faced coward. Players shouldn't have this much control over their teams.

19. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I'm actually really surprised the Magic put the video up on their site.

...I'm really glad they did though. That was awesome.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

you mean after riley basically stole his job and took over the championship caliber team? if i remember things correctly, 2 seasons before that the heat started the season playing like hot garbage (like 0-8 or something) and then svg took over for riley, turned the team around and made the 2nd round of the playoffs. then he got to the ECF the following year and very well may have won if wade and shaq hadn't gotten injured. and then next season riley steals his job and a healthy dwade wins the title. it's not like they won once they were freed of svg's incompetence or something.

and now in orlando, he's already made the finals and even this season he's got howard holding the team hostage and undermining him and the team is still winning. i'm not sure how he's the one making the situation bad and how it would somehow be karma if he left and the magic won the title. if anything, i would say it would serve howard right if he got svg fired and the magic had a mediocre record next year.

1 person likes this.